The Yule Ball

Violet's P.O.V.

Soon, it was Christmas. I was so excited to wear the dress that Severus had gotten for me. It was the nicest thing I owned. I was walking around the grounds and saw Harry sitting alone. I walked up to him.

"What's up?" I said.

"Nothing." Harry said.

"Did you get a date to the ball?" I asked.

"Yeah. Ron and I are taking the Patil twins." Harry said. He didn't too happy about it though.

"There was someone you really wanted to go with, right?" I asked.

"Yeah. Cho Chang." Harry said. He got a dreamy look on his face. "But she's going with someone else."

"Sorry, kid." I said.

"Did you get a date?" Harry asked.

"Yes." I said, nodding.

"Was it that Loki guy? He seems to have taken an interest in you." Harry said.

"No. Someone else asked me." I said.

"Who?" Harry asked.

"You'll see tonight." I said. "Did Hermione get a date?"

"Yes. But she won't tell me and Ron who it is." Harry said. "Ron doesn't believe her."

"It's because he's jealous." I said. I knew because that was how Severus acted whenever he saw me with some other guy. I checked my watch and gasped. Only two hours until the ball. "Sorry, Harry, but I have to go get ready for the ball."

"Wait, what time is it?" Harry asked.

"8:00." I said.

"Oh man. Thanks." Harry said.

I sprinted to the castle and down to the dungeons. I went into my office and took a shower. I got out and put my dress on. I put on a necklace with black jewels on and slipped my dress on for the first time. It fit perfectly. I curled my hair, which had grown quite long in the past few years and I had a feeling it would look just lovely curled. I hadn't really curled my hair since high school, but I got the hang of it after a little while. It looked pretty good. I put on some makeup just because.

A knock came at my door at 9:00 and I got my shoes with a summoning charm. I opened the door and saw Severus there. He was quite handsome. He was wearing his everyday attire, except it was covered with a trench coat and his hair was slightly curled at the end. Severus looked at me and his jaw dropped open.

"Violet...you look...words cannot begin to describe how beautiful you are." Severus breathed after several minutes.

"Thank you. You look quite handsome yourself." I said.

"Shall we go upstairs?" He asked.

"Yes." I said.

Severus and I walked upstairs together. When we got to the Great Hall, I gasped. It looked like an ice palace. The house tables had been cleared away and replaced by a stage. Dumbledore and Mcgonagall and he smiled when he saw us.

"Hello Severus and Violet." Dumbledore said.

"Hi." We said at the same time, but we were so happy that we didn't care.

"You two are together?" Mcgonagall asked.

"Yes." I said. "I love him and he loves me."

"When did this happen?" Mcgonagall asked.

"Last year." Severus said.

Slowly but surely the students and other teachers filed in. I saw Loki and he was wearing a suit with a green striped scarf. He looked dashing, but not as handsome as Severus. Karkaroff walked up to Severus.