The Third Task and The Return

Violet's P.O.V.

It was May now and the third task was tonight. I was glad that Severus had told me what had been going on with the Dark Mark. He had still been acting worried, though. I had been trying to reassure him that everything would be alright if Voldemort came back and that I would help him. He had just told me that he didn't want me doing anything stupid if Voldemort came back. I woke up in my bedroom. I took a shower and when I went into my office, I was surprised to see that Severus was not in my office. 

"Severus?" I called. No answer.

I was getting worried. Where was he? Right then, Severus came out of his office. He looked worried.

"Violet, what's wrong?" He asked.

"I didn't know where you were so I got worried." I said. 

"I was in my bedroom. Don't worry." Severus said. "If I had left you, I would have at least left a note saying what had happened."

"It's good to know that you would do that." I said. "Did I wake you up?"

"No. I was already awake." Severus said. 

"Then why weren't you waiting in my office?" I asked.

"I was reading." Severus said. "You shouldn't worry so much."

"I will worry, because I love you." I said. 

"I love you too." Severus said. "But don't worry about me. You know that I can take care of myself."

"I know. It's just..." My voice trailed off. 

"Just what?" Severus asked.

"Nevermind." I shook my head. 

"Ok. I won't make you talk about it if you don't want to." Severus said. 

We spent the whole day in my office. When it was time for us to go up to the final task, it was 5:00 at night. Severus and I excited the castle and went to the Quidditch field. It had been replaced by a large maze. Severus and I took our seats in the staff portion of the stands and waited for the task to begin. I was in the middle of Severus and Loki (of course...) and I had brought a book with me to keep myself occupied.

"What are you reading?" Loki asked.

"Mockingjay." I said. "It's so good!"

"Isn't that the last book in the Hunger Games?" Loki asked.

"Yes. Have you read them?" I asked.

"I have." Loki nodded. 

"Don't you dare spoil it for me." I said. 

"I'll try." Loki chuckled. 

I read about five more chapters until Dumbledore's voice came on the loudspeaker. Dumbledore spoke the rules, and then gathered the champions around him. Since Harry and Cedric were tied for first place, they would both enter the maze first. After the task started, several professors would patrol the outside of the maze. Cedric's father had come to watch him. The canon fired and Harry and Cedric entered the maze. After 5 minutes, Fleur and Krum entered the maze. The professors who were going to patrol the maze (me, Severus, Moody, Loki, and Madam Maxime) got up and started patrolling. 

"Be careful." Severus said. 

"Of course." I said. 

I patrolled on my own for a little while. I heard a rustling noise behind and whirled around. I had my wand drawn and was ready to throw my hand up to blast whoever or whatever it was.

"Who's there?" I cried out.

"Just me." I heard a familiar voice say. Loki stepped out from where he had been. I relaxed and grinned.