Isaac- Coming Back Together

Requests- could you do an isaac imagine where the witch!reader has to come up with a spell in a short amount of time (like a few days or a week) to trap theo and his chimeras. isaac can see she's stressing out but she doesnt want his help bc she's still mad at him for leaving to go to paris. thanks! / An Isaac one based on the song Over you~ Ingrid Michaelson pls 🙏 Loveeee your work!

A/N- So I combined these two

You sat on Scott's couch, pouring over the pages of a heavy, leather-bound book. You obviously weren't very happy with what you were finding and every few seconds you would find yourself anxiously bringing your hand up to bite your nails. It was a nervous habit you had acquired in the past few weeks, but you blamed it on the anxiety Theo and his chimeras had caused.
It was only days ago that Scott had asked you to help him find a way to trap Theo and the others, something that was imperative to the Pack's plan to save Lydia. You all knew that he was going to try and interfere, although you weren't exactly sure why. It was no secret that Theo had a habit of making things infinitely more complicated, so Scott had decided he had to be out of the picture.
It was supposed to be a simple trapping spell, something that would keep Theo's pack away from Eichen House while you all managed to save Lydia, but so far you hadn't been able to find one that would work on so many people. That was why you were currently pouring over some of your family's old spell books in Scott's living room and fighting the urge to pull out your hair as the meeting continued around you.
As you sat there, trying to figure out a way to save your friend, you felt the unmistakable sensation of a stare on the back of your neck. You picked your head up from the ancient book in your lap and glanced across the room, only to find Isaac Lahey staring at you intently. He looked concerned, but you could have cared less about his feelings. He clearly hadn't cared about yours when he had gone to France with Chris Argent, and now that he was back, you found it ridiculous that he was trying to worm his way back into your life.
You had spent months telling yourself that you were getting over him, purely because you hadn't been able to. No matter how much you tried to convince yourself, it hadn't worked and Isaac could tell. Still, you weren't just going to let him waltz back into your life and sweep you off your feet again, especially with everything going on.
You glared at him as you met his eyes and you could see the hurt on his face. It was almost enough to cause a fault in your expression, but before you could break, Scott's voice drew you back to the present.
"...right, Y/n? Y/n?"
You looked over at Scott, crowded around his coffee table with Liam, Kira, Stiles and Malia. The minute you broke your intense gaze with Isaac, you realized he had been talking to you.
"Sorry, what?" you asked, shutting the book in your hands.
"You can do the spell, right?" he asked. "You can trap Theo and the others?"
You swallowed, feeling the heat of six pairs of eyes on you. You knew your friends were counting on you, but you just weren't sure if you could find something that would help.
"I can try," you told him. "I haven't been able to find a spell, but I can talk to my mom. She might know something. And I have all these books..."
You trailed off, a slight frown on your face. Malia sighed. "Please tell me we have a backup plan."
"Malia," Scott scolded.
"What?" the Coyote demanded. "We don't know if she can do it. We don't even know if Kira can cut the power in Eichen House. There are too many things that could go wrong here. I'm not the only one thinking it."
"We don't have another choice," Scott said firmly. "We have to get Lydia."
"I agree with Scott," Isaac piped up from the armchair. "We at least have to try, right?"
"For once," Stiles cut in. "Isaac is right. Malia, we need to believe in each other. If we don't, this is never going to work. Come on, say it. I believe in you, Kira. I believe in you, Y/n."
Malia frowned and you sighed. "I'm going to call my mom."
You rose from the couch, shoving the spellbook away from your lap and heading toward the door. You pulled the door open and tried to fight the tears threatening to spill. It was so frustrating to not be able to help. Here you were, this powerful witch, and you couldn't even perform a spell that would help save Lydia's life.
You took a deep breath, leaning over the railing of Scott porch. You closed your eyes for a few moments and tried to calm yourself down, knowing that you couldn't help anyone if you were worked up.
"I believe in you, you know."
You whirled around, startled at the voice behind you. Isaac was standing there, hands in his pockets as he looked over at you with empathy in his eyes. You sighed angrily, although it was mostly at yourself. You hadn't even noticed him following you out the door.
"Well that's very comforting," you snarked. "I could have used that six months ago."
"Y/n, come on," Isaac protested. "That isn't fair. I'm here now, okay? And I know you need me-"
"I don't need you!" you hissed. "I didn't need you for six months and I don't need you now! I moved on!"
Before the angry words even finished pouring out of your mouth, you knew they were a lie. And Isaac knew it too.
"You never liked asking for help," he said softly. "But it's okay to admit that you need it-"
"I don't need any help from you!" you spat. "I can do this on my own, Isaac."
Isaac swallowed, trying to hide the hurt on his face. "Well, I'll be here for you if you do."
You froze at his words, your resolve faltering a bit. Isaac noticed your expression before it quickly hardened again, but he knew you still cared about him. All he wanted to do was hold you again, to pretend like nothing had changed between you, but like it or not, so much had. In the six months he had left you on your own, the Dread Doctors had shown up,, Scott had died, and after nearly being killed by Theo yourself, you had performed the spell that had given him the strength to come back from the dead.
Isaac hadn't known how much you had gone through, but Scott had explained it to him. That was mostly because when he had arrived back to Beacon Hills, you ignored him for the first week, causing him to go to someone else to find out just how much had happened while he was away.
It wasn't until a few days ago that you had actually said something to him, and even though it had been a little hostile, the "What do you want?" had caused him to smile. He had hope that you were slowly coming around, but he knew you were still upset. Isaac had his reasons for leaving, but you still didn't know what they were, and as he walked back inside, he just hoped he would get a chance to explain himself to you.