Derek- Complicated

You ran through the darkened woods, casting glances over your shoulder every few seconds just to make sure there was no one behind you. The hunters didn't know about you, but that wouldn't last very long if they saw a shape with glowing yellow eyes tearing through the woods toward the Hale house.
Scott had insisted that you stay inside, that he could save Derek Hale by himself, but you would never have let your brother go into a situation that dangerous on his own. Of course, you couldn't let him know you were going either, so you were forced to sneak out after he left. Despite the fact that Scott was your twin and not your older brother, he still treated you like you were his little sister. Those ten minutes between when the two of you were born be damned. He was not your big brother.
Besides, after being bitten by a werewolf in the woods, you and Scott both had what were basically super powers, and it wasn't his job to tell you how to use them. Stiles had figured out that Derek was hidden inside his own house, and despite the fact that the werewolf was sullen and moody, you didn't want him to die. You liked to say that it was because he still hadn't taught you the werewolf 101, and it wasn't like there was a handbook.
If he died, there would be no one to teach you and Scott, but that might not have been the only reason you preferred him alive. Ever since you were bitten, your entire world had gone from boring small town life to action/adventure movie in one fateful night. That had a lot to do with the Alpha, but also with Derek.
You were fascinated with him, with his life, and how much he could teach you. You knew he had a soft spot under all those spikes, and unlike Stiles insisted, he wasn't a total sourwolf. And as much as Derek ragged on Scott, he always seemed to soften when you were around.
You remembered the night Derek had shown up in Scott's room and pinned him to the wall, demanding that he not play in the lacrosse game. You had heard the slam of his back against the wall and you jumped up and ran down the hall, crashing into his room in a panic.
"Scott?!" you demanded, staring at him and Derek in horror. "Get the hell off of him!"
Derek immediately dropped Scott. "I wasn't going to-"
"Hurt him?" you finished, crossing your arms over your chest. "Cause it looked like you were."
Derek huffed. "You two have no idea what you're doing. Scott, if the hunters saw you, they'd hunt you down and kill you. And who do you think they'd come for next, huh?"
Scott was silent, but his brown eyes had flickered over to you.
"That's right," Derek told him. "Your sister. I'm looking out for you, Scott. And I'm looking out for her too."
You shook off the memory as you ran through the woods, and you could see the decrepit form of Derek's house in the distance. You could hear voices as you jogged up a hill, and you let out a sigh of relief as you realized they were your brother's and Derek's.
"...kind of like it's-" Derek was saying.
"No, no, don't say too easy!" Scott cut him off quickly. "People say too easy and bad things happen. What, do you think finding you was easy? Getting away from Allison's dad? None of this has been easy!"
You could hear Derek huff and you could practically see him rolling his eyes in exasperation. "Fine. You're right-"
You jumped as he let out a cry of pain, and you neared the top of the hill, crouching down to figure out what had just happened. Derek was on the ground with an arrow in his leg, glaring up at Allison and her aunt Kate as they stalked forward. You let out a painful gasp as you watched the brunette, who you had previously thought of as a friend, raise her bow again.
It took everything in you to not to sprint down the hill as Allison shot another arrow into Derek, this time into his shoulder. He fell to the ground and you pressed your hand over your mouth in horror. Kate stalked toward Scott, her gun raised as he stumbled back.
"Wait, Kate, what are you doing?" Allison demanded, running up to her aunt. "You said we were just going to catch them."
"We did that," Kate said with a one-shouldered shrug. "Now we kill them."
"No, wait-" Allison gasped, trying to move forward.
In one swift movement, Kate shoved Allison to the ground. The Brunette hit a pile of leaves and watched in horror as Kate raised the gun to your brother again, but before she could pull the trigger, you were gripping her arm.
"Drop it," you snarled.
Kate rolled her eyes and slammed her shoulder into you, causing you to fall toward the ground and take you with her.
"Y/n?" Allison gasped in horror as you rolled around on the forest floor with her aunt. She nearly shot you a few times, pulling the trigger just as you managed to aim the gun away from a vital organ or body part.
You struggled with her for what felt like forever, because while you had the superior strength, Kate had the skills and smarts of a trained hunter. You were sure she would have won out eventually, but when you heard the click of another gun, Kate finally froze.
"Put the gun down, Kate," Mr. Argent told her. "Before I put you down."
Kate sighed bitterly and looked over her shoulder at Allison's father. She rose to her feet and turned the gun on him, just as a hulking shadow appeared from the trees and knocked them both off their feet. You gasped and scrambled up, shooting Scott a worried look. Once you saw he was fine, you managed to make your way over to Derek and help him rise to his feet.
"I thought Scott told you to stay home," he growled.
"Scott doesn't tell me what to do," you reminded him, turning away to glance into the trees.
"It's him, isn't it?" you asked. "Peter?"
Derek nodded. "He's after Kate."
"And us, right?" you asked him. "He wants me and Scott, too. To help him?"
"Don't worry," Derek told you. "He's not here for you. If he was, I'd stop him."
You blinked. Did Derek Hale just shown me compassion?
Before you had time to point it out, you were suddenly knocked off your feet and into a bed of leaves. Derek hit the ground next to you, but before you could jump up, he wrapped his arm around your waist and held you down. "Wait."
You watched as Scott was knocked down by the blur, and Allison and her father quickly followed. Kate, who had risen from the ground as soon as you ran to Derek, was now the only one left standing. She raised her gun and turned around repeatedly, shouting "Come on!" to Peter, although you could no longer see him and you doubted she could either.
He suddenly appeared out of nowhere in his human form, grabbing her arm as she fired several shots in the air. You heard the snap of her arm as Peter broke it, and you cringed. You could practically feel it.
Her gun fell to the ground and Peter dragged her toward the shell of the old house, and you watched as she disappeared inside. You noticed Allison quickly jump up and run in after her, and you felt your heart sink.
"He's gonna kill her," you whispered, pushing Derek's arm away.
"Probably," he admitted.
"Get off," you insisted, shoving his arm away.
"Wait," he insisted. "Y/n, just wait. Please, you have to trust me."
You looked over at him and raised your eyebrows, looking into his green eyes. You knew Derek had done some questionable things, but you knew this moment was life or death, and Allison didn't deserve to die. If you wanted to save her, you were going to have to listen to Derek.