Aiden- I Never Said I Did

"Look, I told you-" the store clerk began.
"I know what you told me," you snapped, cutting him off. "You get a lot of runaways, I get it. But I'm asking about these two specifically."
The clerk, a dark haired guy in his early thirties, groaned. "Seriously, kid, don't you have a bedtime?"
"Just look," you insisted, pulling out your phone. "Their names are Erica and Boyd-"
"Why are you asking me?" the guy complained. "My store's on the edge of the woods. Why don't you go check the one by the Greyhound station?"
You huffed and rolled your eyes. The guy had a point, but you had picked this place because it was close to the woods. You had a feeling that if anyone would have seen them, it would have to be this guy. Besides, you had already checked the one by the bus station.

"I did," you told him. "But they would have been in here today. Look."
You held up your phone, showing the man the pictures Derek had sent you of Erica and Boyd. You might have had your differences because of the Alpha's stupid rivalry with Scott, but before he had taken a bite out of Erica and Boyd, you had sort of been friends with the outcasts. It wasn't too long ago that you had stumbled into Beacon Hills, bleeding and broken after being hunted by a group of hunters. You actually managed to lose them, but not until they had picked off your whole family.
You had been alone and scared, but Scott, who had just defeated his own alpha, had taken you into his home. You wouldn't exactly call yourself a pack, since it was pretty much just the two of you and his best friend Stiles, but you wouldn't have had it any other way.
While you were grateful for everything he had done for you, you still felt a bit out of place with Scott and the rest of his friends, particularly Allison, who you knew came from a family of powerful hunters. It was nothing personal and you were sure she was a nice girl, but you just hadn't felt comfortable hanging out with all of them.
That was what had led you to find the least crowded table in the cafeteria and since there were no empty ones, you ended up sitting across from Vernon Boyd and Erica Reyes. You didn't care that they weren't popular and you had actually become pretty good friends until Derek bit them. Suddenly your life became about pack rivalries and drawn lines, and because you were technically a member of Scott's pack, they suddenly wouldn't talk to you.
There was also that whole incident with the Kanima and Gerard, and it wasn't until it was all over that Boyd and Erica had apologized. When you heard they were planning on running away, something inside you told you that you had to try and stop them. As someone who was forced to run from their home out of survival, you wanted Erica and Boyd to know that they didn't have to leave Beacon Hills. That was why you were so hellbent on finding them, and why you had half a mind to shake down this prematurely balding store clerk and demand to know where your friends were.
"Huh," he said, rubbing his chin. "Actually, they came in here about half an hour ago. Bought some beef jerky, trail mix...that kind of thing."
"What?" you demanded, practically choking on your own spit. "Where did they go?"
"Dunno," he told you with a shrug. "But I saw them go around to the back of the building. Thought they were trying to cause trouble, but when I went out there they were gone."
You frowned, realizing they must have gone into the woods. You didn't know where they were going and you doubted they even knew themselves, but you did know you had to go after them.
"Thanks," you told him, shoving your phone back into your pocket and heading out of the store.
"Hey wait!" he called. "Aren't you gonna buy something?"
You rolled your eyes as you cast a glance back over your shoulder and pushed through the door of the convenience store, but what you didn't realize was that someone else was headed into it. In your haste to catch up to Erica and Boyd, you practically darted out of the building, only to slam right into someone.
"Shit," you exclaimed, just as a pair of hands landed on your shoulders.
"You okay, Sweetheart?" a cocky voice asked you.
You looked up to see the guy you had bumped into. He was tall and muscular, with light brown hair that was partially shaved on the side. He wore an impish grin, which instantly made your blood boil.
"I'm fine," you told him, wrenching away from his grasp. The last thing you needed was some cocky asshole slowing you down.
"Are you sure?" he asked. "I could give you a ride somewhere."
He nodded behind him to the parking lot, which was deserted, save for two motorcycles sitting in the darkness. Judging by the helmet tucked under his arm, you guessed one of them was his. The other belonged to the guy just standing out there, leaning against it. You could just barely make out the look on his face and you could tell that he was softly shaking his head. He was probably no stranger to this guy's cockiness.
"No thanks," you told him pointedly. "I don't exactly have a death wish."
He tilted his head. "You sure? You look like a dangerous girl to me."
You narrowed your eyes, not sure exactly what he meant, but you didn't have time to figure it out. He's probably just trying to fuck with me, you thought.
"Well, this was fun," you snarked, before turning on your heel and heading around the side of the building.
You heard the door chime in the distance, letting you know the guy had gone into the convenience store. For your sake, you hoped you never saw him again.