Chapter 14 [SAMPLE]

POV Victoria

POV Victoria

Pain shoots through my head when I open my eyes. The pounding in my temple is like a hammer smashing against my skull.

Silence surrounds me, and the memory of what happened before I lost consciousness comes rushing back.

Somebody rescued me, but I don't know who, and this worries me.

I scan the room. The masculine scent in the air is familiar. I inhale it once more and recognize it as the scent of the man who saved me.

A shiver runs down my spine when I remember everything that happened to me.

I'm thankful for the man who saved me, but now my concern is finding out who he is and what his plans are for me. Sofia also comes to mind, and I panic, wondering where she is.

My breathing continues to become frantic, and my hands tremble.

I have to get out of here and find her.

I'm about to rise from the bed when the door to the room opens, and in steps a tall man with a powerful physique.

Our eyes lock and I stiffen. The familiar green eyes stare at me in surprise before they fill with relief. I cower back from the sight of him, and he senses my uneasiness.

He stills under the doorway, his towering height filling every inch of the space.

My forehead scrunches when his upturned eyes soften. He doesn't seem like the type of man who's easily worried. So, when a frown draws upon his lips and worry lines appear on his forehead, I'm surprised.

Still looking at me, the stranger rolls his lips into his mouth as if he's unsure of what to say. He pauses before saying the first thing that comes to mind.

"I won't hurt you." His voice is deep and strong. But gentle and velvety all at once. I say nothing, too intimidated to speak.

The throbbing pain in my temple returns, and I wince, clutching my aching head.

From the sound of my pain, the stranger rushes to my side, placing the palm of his hand on my forehead, and his frown deepens.

He's so close to me, and I can't look away. Everything about him is alluring and dangerous. His hair is the darkest chocolate brown I've ever seen. From afar, I noticed his strong jawline and defined cheekbones. But with him now centimeters away, I realize just how chiseled his features are. It's as if Michelangelo carved him with his own mallet and chisel. He's beautiful.

I've never found men with facial hair attractive until today. The perfectly trimmed five-o'clock shadow surrounding his full lips makes him look handsome and rugged.

My eyes freeze over the spot, his tongue delicately runs over as he looks me over for any injuries. When I glance up at him, he's already looking at me. There's a weightless turnover beneath my rib cage from his intense gaze.