Chapter 4 [SAMPLE]

POV Leo

POV Leo

There's a sharp tension in the air, and I find it difficult to restrain myself from killing the pathetic man in front of me.

"Luigi." The name comes out acidly, and his eyebrows, which are way too big for his eyes, bunch together.

The aging black-haired politician sinks into the chair. His navy blue suit crinkles.

My Giorgio Armani slim black-and-white striped suit remains impeccable, even when my muscles coil with a need to strangle Luigi.

I lift a brow when he straightens his posture, adjusting the black bow tie around his neck.

"It's prime minister Luigi," he says, his fear from earlier no longer in sight.

His arrogance reminds me of why I hate politicians. They're all snobby and think they're better than everyone else when they're all pieces of shit.

I pin him with my gaze, my jaw stiffening, and he swallows when he notices the dark look taking over my face.

"My apologies, prime minister Luigi," I scoff, my left hand resting over my chest.

His lips form into an unpleasant line, letting me know I ticked him off, but it doesn't matter because he's in my house, and I'd be damned if anyone ever disrespects me under my own roof.

Having enough of this lousy conversation and the disrespect I draw my gun from my desk.

Luigi trembles in horror as I point the gun between his bulging eyes.

"Leo..." he breaks off, his eyes shifting from the black pistol to me.

The sound of my name coming out of his mouth makes me grip my gun tighter.

I give a sinister smirk.

"It's Don Bandoni to you," I grit out, watching as sweat gathers around his forehead.

Satisfaction pumps in my veins from seeing one of the most powerful men in the Italian government cowering in fear.

No one, especially not this fool, is more powerful than me, the Don of the Sicilian mafia—leader of the Bandoni famiglia and the biggest mafia alliance.

I wait for the moment he begs for his life, a typical reaction from most men who are at the receiving end of my wrath.

"Please, Don Bandoni, I've helped you when you have an issue with the Direzione Investigativa Antimafia. If not for me, you would be rotting in jail for the rest of your life with the number of felonies you have committed."

So not the typical begging for mercy.

It looks like I have to remind him he's replaceable.

I shoot Luigi an unimpressed stare, knowing he's giving himself more credit than what's due.