Chapter 21 - Stay

"No, I will be the pattern of patience; I will say nothing."

- William Shakespeare

It was just my luck that I fell asleep waiting for Grillby to go to sleep, waking up to almost pitch darkness except for the soft glows that emanated from underneath both Grillby's and Fuku's door, neither were bright enough to keep anyone awake. I knew by how faint the glows were that both of the Fires were fast asleep, so I took this as my chance as I threw the blankets off and quickly got to my feet, making my way over to the stairs and up them. I leaned my forearm against the door frame and tapped the door with my fingertip on the door as a sort of knock, knowing that if she was awake, she would hear it and know it was me, but if she was asleep...I didn't want to disturb her. After all, I had fallen asleep. The door opened moments later, however, to reveal a smiling Frisk as she chuckled and teased, "I was wondering if you were coming up."

I just growled as I leaned off of the door frame and moved forward, pushing her into the room. I liked this newfound confidence of hers, but it shattered as she gasped in surprise especially when the backs of her knees hit the bed, and she fell back on to it. I chuckled when her fists clenched in my shirt instinctively, and she ended up pulling me with her as I fell on top of her. Her face darkened as she blushed, her arms tucked up against her chest as she gazed up at me, trying to figure out what my intentions were, but I had already accomplished my goal of making her flustered. I smirked down at her as I placed my hands on either side of her head and asked, "Confident, are we?"

"No!" She squeaked almost instinctively before blushing even harder when she said she wasn't confident as she corrected quietly, "I-I mean, no...not like that, at least..."

I just hummed and chuckled as my eyes swept across her form and drifted over her in her pajamas, the red and white accenting her darker, sun-kissed skin very nicely, but I was just remembering how she looked in something else as I mumbled, trying not to smile so I wouldn't give my goal away, "I miss it already..." I knew my comment had hit its mark when her eyes widened, and she blushed even more, trying to turn and wiggle out from under me through the gap my arms provided. I chuckled and stood up off of her, hooking my thumbs in my shorts' pockets as I teased, "Yer so easy, Rosy."

I was grinning, letting her know that I had been messing with her this entire time as she sat up and crossed her arms. It was fairly obvious that she was trying not to smile as she stuck her tongue out at me, but I just stepped to her again, seeing another opportunity to mess with her because, tibia honest, it was way too much fun to make her flustered, so I took the opportunity when it arose. I took her chin between my thumb and my index finger, tipping it up so she was looking up at me and making her so surprised that she didn't even pull her tongue back in her mouth, which was good as I warning flirtatiously, "Now, now, Rosy. I'd put that tongue back in yer mouth before I take it."

Frisk squeaked and quickly withdrew her tongue as she slapped her hands over her mouth and gave a scowl that even I had to admit was very childish, but I knew that was her aim. She would never give such a look meaningfully. She didn't have the heart for it. Her eyes did remain on me though, and I knew she didn't miss the way my gaze lingered on her hands as I smirked and continued, "I'll say, now, now again, Rosy. 'Cause what did I say about hidin' those from me? I have a free ticket to kiss ya whenever I want until ya say stop. How am I supposed to do that when yer hands're coverin' them up?"

I lifted her chin as I leaned over, kissing the back of her hands and doing so repeatedly until she laughed and pulled her hands away, meeting my kiss half way. Her kiss was always so soft and affectionate, so full of adoration that I couldn't help but lean into it looking for more as my hands found the bed on either side of her hips for support. I wanted to lay her back and kiss her more thoroughly, portraying through the kiss the emotions that I wasn't ready to say out loud yet, but it was because of these emotions, this...attachment to her that kept me from doing so. I had my conviction because I cared so much for her and didn't want to step over that boundary if she wasn't ready for me to come over yet.