Chapter 7 - New Friend

"By the pricking of my thumb, something wicked this way comes."

- William Shakespeare

We were forced to get up early...We were forced to leave early...We were forced to school early...but I didn't mind. I stumbled into the mess hall, drowsy and still kind of out of it, having been freshly woken up by Toriel. She had somewhere she had to be, so she needed to drop Frisk and I off at school early. Frisk was normally up by that hour anyways, but I certainly wasn't. She smiled at the sight of me and giggled as I staggered over to her. I just crashed into her, mumbling, "Too early..."

She caught me, patting my back as I let her hold some of my weight, too tired to carry it all. Breakfast hadn't even been started yet, so Toriel gave us a couple breakfast bars each before leading us out. Frisk took my hand to be my guide after I ran into a couple things, stumbling over my own feet. I even got into the back seat with her because I wasn't conscious enough to go anywhere else but after her. I fell asleep on her shoulder on our way there, and even the way she woke me up when we arrived was gentle. She placed a gentle hand on my cheek, brushing her thumb across the bone as she called, "Sans...We gotta go. We're here."

"Don't wanna move..." I grumbled, but she playfully poked me in the ribs causing me to jump slightly. She giggled as she pushed gently at my side until I climbed out. She took my hand again, tugging me towards the building, but when I felt like her hand was slipping from mine, my exhausted mind panicked as I pulled her close as we walked and intertwined our fingers. I didn't want her to let go and for me to get lost without her guidance.

We just went to her first class because we had no where else to go until then. I tried to stay awake. I really did, but I knew she'd wake me up when it was time to head to class, so I just beckoned her over, calling, "Come 'ere a sec, Rosy..."

She walked over to where I sat at one of the desks, her steps light and her smile sweet. She was definitely a morning person. I was not. I wrapped an arm around her waist and tugged, causing her to fall into my lap with a surprised squeal. Her face was turning a light red, but I paid her blush no mind as I wrapped my arms tightly around her and rested my head on her shoulder. She seemed unsure of what was going on and how to respond, so I just gave a mumbled, "Tired...wanna cuddle..."

"You do like to cuddle..." Frisk hummed softly, seemingly surprised by her own words and how she wasnt as flustered as she used to be. Heh. She must've been getting used to me when I was tired. She smiled sweetly at me, seemingly giving up her bashfulness in place of kindness and affection as she curled her knees up and wrapped her arms around my neck, allowing me to lean into her. It wasn't long until I drifted back to sleep in the comfort of her hold, but I felt like I was awoken too soon by the sound of voices. More students were starting to arrive, and I frowned when they took Frisk's attention away. She lifted her face to look, pulling her cheek away from where it had been pressed against my skull, but thankfully her arms remained around me so I didn't feel so lost without her. Some of them were too loud upon entering, but when I jumped as someone yelled, she would press her lips to the top of my head like a mother would do to a frightened child as she assured, "No, it's alright, Cherry."

That's when I heard a familiar voice, and my head shot up, making Frisk yelp in surprise when I accidentally knocked into her chin. I turned to her the moment I did it, worried that I had given her a new flower as I cupped her chin in my hand and murmured, "Lemme see, Rose."

She lifted her head for me to look, but thankfully she didn't have a new flower blooming. I must not have knocked into her as hard as I thought I did, so I simply tapped her chin with my thumb and allowed her to lower her head again as I commented, "You're fine, dove. Nothing new."