33 - News flashes

The start of the new week brings responsibilities and Chloe has to coordinate and organize amongst the shop, the workshop, and the farm. It is a cool summer's day with a slight breeze and sparse, half-hearted clouds that sometimes steal from the sun.

Hayley smiles happily when Chloe enters the shop.

"How is the most beautiful cowgirl on this planet? I see you are ready for the farm in that blue denim and boots. Turn around quickly; I want to see how that beautiful behind of yours fits into that tightfitting denim trousers."

Chloe turns around and swings her hips tauntingly. "What do you think? How do my buns look?"

Hayley's eyes widen. "Most beautiful curves; they are perfect. You make me jealous. I always have to hide my flat ass under a frock. I don't understand. You are white but you've got the curves of the coloured girls extra. Damn! It is unfair!"

Chloe laughs, turns around and grabs Hayley, presses herself against her and pecks her on her lips and then she moves her hands and it glides over Hayley's bum.

"Yours are feeling quite nice!"

Hayley bumps her playfully away from her. "You are quite silly today! It seems as if a new sparkle awoke in you. Is there something I ought to know?"

"Like what?"

"There is too much sparkle in your eyes and you look extra sexy like a thing that boils over of life. Did you perhaps encounter an exciting male?"

Flabbergasted Chloe stands like a little girl who was caught out with forbidden chocolates.

Wide-eyed Hayley looks at her. "Gotcha! Who is he? Tell me, you sly vixen."

"First promise me you are not going to tell anyone about this. Only Susan knows a little."

Hayley excitedly jumps up and down and giggles like a teenager. "I promise! I promise! I promise! Come on! Tell me now!"

"My neighbour on the smallholding is Doctor Isaac Horn. By the way, he was and is Lyle and Zoey's doctor."

"I can't remember that you have told me you have got a neighbour. Is he single?"

"We met when he turned up early in the morning at the smallholding all the way from Cape Town. I was on my way to search for Zoey and Lyle. Later that day he caught me in Lyle's room where I had sneaked in at the hospital. I found out that he didn't take good care of himself and proposed to make supper for us and so we became good friends.

"How does he look? How old is he?"

"Not much older than we are and this smug guy is horribly sexy and extremely arrogant. Sky blue eyes with a perfect body, grrr."

Delighted Hayley laughs. "When will I see him? You say: Doctor Isaac Horn. I have a good mind and phone him right away and make an appointment for a Pap smear if you don't show him to me soon."

"Hey, you leave him alone! He is mine!"

Together they laugh out loud before Hayley remembers something and the expression on her face changes suddenly.

"Back to business! Chloe, let's go and get the documents for the workshop in my office and also the email orders from Leo and Ronnie."

Chloe sits down at Hayley's desk and Hayley takes the documents and a printout of the emails but keep it in front of her instead of handing it over. Earnestly she looks at Chloe.

"Chloe, why are you hiding things from us? You live there in the outback all by yourself and worry over things without telling us and we have been bosom pals since our schooldays?"