December 2016

A/N: Hope you're enjoying so far. I don't have much to say, I'm still at a loss for words.

We had officially been a couple for a month now. It felt so surreal. I had never been as happy. Your comeback had been quite successful and I was glad to be there to see your music blossom. The song lyrics you had finished that morning after my confession ended up being the title song of the album. I thought you'd be happy, but something seemed off.

It felt like something was wrong with you, I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

One night when you came back from work, you seemed so worn out. I asked you if there was something I could do. You looked into my eyes and I could just about see the helplessness in your eyes. That night, you told me everything. I listened carefully and I was truly astonished. Never in a million years would I have thought that depression could affect you. In my mind, depression was something that only happened to other people, not those close to you.

I tried my best to advise you on the matter, but I was at a loss for words. I was heartbroken that my love could be feeling so much pain when here I was, as happy as ever. I felt so selfish. I should've recognized the signs, I blamed myself for not seeing your pain when you were hiding it so well. It was almost impossible for me to know, but that didn't matter.

That night, I cried myself to sleep.