Welcome! Sure hope you enjoy the read. And if you do, please consider voting!

When I got home, The Gurlz—that's their trademark name and yes, I'll introduce you in a minute--were out lounging on the patio in our huge backyard

Now, remember when I said I would explain how my life went from hard to just weird? We're there, finally. Turning right down Strange Street.

See, I come home to three big breasted babes laying nipples up--sometimes totally nekkid--almost every sunny day. I know that's all kinds of sexist. But it's real, though, okay? That's my world. It's also why I said what I said about not dating high school girls and all that.

The life I lead away from school? Male fantasies, right or wrong, are made of this. And I will never meet a girl my age that can top what I go home to everyday. It's just not possible.

That day, after the Danny thing, they were passing a big old blunt around and laughing like they'd been at it for a while. It's one of my favorite sounds, them laughing like that. Full throated, like the don't have a care in the world. It wasn't always like that for them. But now, they have reason to laugh like that damned near all the time.

Aisha waved as soon as she saw me come through the gate and gave me, "Heeeey, Papi," in her woozy weed voice. She always lights up like that when she first sees me. It's amazing.

So I detoured over and sat next to her legs on the deck chair. And she threw one leg over to trap me between them and said, "Gimme some sugah, bae."

I leaned to kiss her on the cheek and she ran a finger down my nose. Sometimes she keeps going all the way down to my crotch with that finger. But that's only behind closed doors. Out in the yard, we kept it clean.

The neighbors were still a little leery of us. And let's talk about those neighbors. It will take us to a very important part of this story.

We live in a historic house. Massive adobe, in a historic and pretty exclusive neighborhood where people have their own tennis courts and stables and whatnot.

We don't have a tennis court. But out back there's a humungous pool that looks more like a big, natural pond with all these big rocks and a little waterfall at one end. Next to this big old party patio with two built in grills and one of those big things you smoke brisket and whatnot in, too. And a sink and all that. Almost a whole kitchen.

And then off that, there's a big space full of red river rocks that leads to the garden. A serious garden with benches and a path you can walk down to just get all immersed in it. It's like a tiny park full of fragrant flowers and all kinds of trees and cactuses and stuff.

I don't know the names of any of the plants, but I can tell whoever designed it knew everything there was to know about them because they set out all of them knowing which colors and smells would work best next to each other. And where to set which type of tree and cactus along that path to make it picture perfect.