Chapter 56

n// sorry for being the world's worst author ever but holy moly this story reached #29 in fanfiction!! that's insane!!! so thank you so much for the continued support of this story and to all my other stories, it means the world to me. but i'm sure since most of you skip these, it doesn't really matter, so read on and enjoy! love you all, and happy holidays! <3

And, as Thora predicted, shortly after their shower, Stefan Salvatore was in their house, infringing upon the couple's day.

"It looks like a giant snowflake," He spoke upon entering, watching as Klaus painted another one of his masterpieces. 

"It looks like a giant idiot, to me." Thora rebutted, smiling sweetly at the pesky Salvatore.

"Now, now, Thora, that's no way to treat a guest." Klaus joked, stealing a glance at his wife. "Even if that said guest was uninvited, unwanted, and unwelcome here. But, nevertheless, Stefan, I prefer to think of it as an expression of post modernism. It's mine and Thora's donation to the Winter Wonderland Charity Event."

And, right on cue, one of  Klaus' minions came into the room, glancing at the painting before at his master.

"You said it was urgent?"

"Yes. Take this to the Mystic Grill immediately."

"You want me to be a delivery guy?"

"What I want is for you to do whatever I say, without the attitude." Klaus responded, getting close to the man's face before backing up and letting him do his bidding. "And be careful with that, it's still wet."

"Abraham Lincoln freed the slaves, you know." Stefan chimed in, causing Thora to roll her eyes.

"What is the point of my hybrids being sired to me if I can't maximize on the benefits of free labor?"

"What are you doing here, Stefan?" Thora asked, cutting the bickering short. 

"Elena is sired to Damon."

"I intuited as much."

"Which means I need to find a cure now more than ever, and here you are, making post-modern snowflakes."

"I've delivered," Klaus stated with a smile. "I retrieved the hunter's sword from Italy, which we'll use to decipher the map hidden in the hunter's mark. You're the one who's supposed to deliver the hunter and his mark."

"Well, Jeremy is the hunter, and he has to keep killing vampires to complete his mark, but we can't figure out how to keep him from killing us."

"Sounds like quite the chore." Thora rolled her eyes.

"Which is why I feel perfectly justified in doing a little charity work." Klaus added on.

"Or maybe you're lying about having found the sword."

"Why would I lie to you, Stefan?"

"Because your wife hates me, perhaps?"

"Although that be true, we're in this together."

Klaus walked over to the large safe in the next room and opened it, pulling out the very sword he was just accused of lying about.

"The hilt acts as a cypher, which we'll use to decode the marks on Jeremy's tattoo when he's killed enough vampires to complete it."

Thora got up from her position on the couch in his painting room and joined him on the couch in the other room, curling up by his side and smiling as he wrapped an arm around her and pressed a kiss to her forehead. Stefan, however, just examined the sword, taking in all the detail as Klaus continued.