Chapter 46

n// wow this episode is such a fuckin trip omg i hope u enjoy!!

"Be good, darling," Elijah whispered as he stroked her hair, crouching down to meet her eyes as she laid down. "I'll be back soon, I promise."

"No you won't..." She croaked back, closing her eyes as he stroked her cheekbone with his thumb. "You're going to be gone for a long, long time, brother. You don't want to come back. That's okay, you don't have to lie to me anymore. It's okay. Kol doesn't want to come back, either. And if Finn and... If Finn and Niklaus were alive, I doubt they would want to come back, as well."

He sighed and looked down at her pitiful frame, still curled up into a ball from before. He knew that this wasn't going to be an easy road for anyone, but he also knew that it was going to be hardest for Thora. Her grief and depression seemed to consume her very soul, and it worried him to no end.

"I'll be back." He swore again. "Always and forever, remember?"

But for once in Thora's life, she couldn't bring herself to say it back. It was something that pained them both, but she just couldn't do it. It was too painful.

"I love you Thora. Take care of yourself, okay?"

"Only if you promise to enjoy yourself."

"I promise."

And with one last fleeting kiss on the cheek, he left her with much difficulty, thinking on about their last promises to one another. Promises they both knew that the other, or themselves, couldn't keep.

But Thora continued to lay in her bed, thinking about all of the things that she could have done to prevent the night from happening. She could have killed Elena when she had the chances. She could have killed Alaric whilst he was being possessed by Klaus, sending him back to his original form. Hell, she could have even just asked her husband politely to kill them all and keep Elena hostage for the rest of her pitiful life so that he could have the hybrid key at his disposal. She could have done so much more than she did. Empty threats and snarky comments didn't do you much good when they don't prevent murder, she supposed.

Downstairs, Rebekah was destroying everything in sight, mourning over the loss of her favorite brother, when Damon Salvatore entered the house.

"You should know better than to sneak up on a lady." She spoke shakily, breathing heavily.

"Good advice. Have you seen one?"

"Well, my sister-in-law is currently upstairs, so depressed about the tragic loss of her husband that she begged me to take her life just last night." She spoke, knowing that even though they had stopped being friends (once again) that the elder Salvatore would be hurt at the information. And alas, she was right. Damon swallowed thickly, trying to hide his obvious emotions the only way he knew how. By being an ass.

"Thora chose her side."

"And you chose yours." Rebekah retorted. "Speaking of which, tragic about what happened to Elena. Not to make the grey cloud greyer, but does Matt even have automobile insurance?"

Turning around, Rebekah knew that Damon was about to strike and kill her with the white oak, but she stopped him and forced him to drop it. Then, all of the sudden, she was shot in the back multiple times with wooden bullets, and finally an arrow to the chest, shocking all three of the people in the house. Damon from the sight of it, and Thora from the sound. And in the heat of the moment, Damon rushed to Thora's room, grabbed her, and got the hell out of that house without being noticed.

As for Klaus, he was stuck in some basement, trapped inside of Tyler Lockwood's body, bored out of his mind and thinking about the ass kicking he was going to get from his wife.