Chapter 43

n// idk why but this chapter seems so rushed and I have no idea why but nevertheless this one is hella action packed so hang onto your socks bc this shits gonna knock them off okok I love yall so much and I will for always and forever and remember to keep voting/commenting/sharing!!!! Thank u!!!!!!!!!! (ps sorry for any typos, feel free and encouraged to point them out please!!)

"Where's Matt?" Caroline asked upon entering the room where Thora and Rebekah were, cleaning up after the previous night's events.

"He bailed." Rebekah stated, throwing some empty bottles into a small recycling bin.

"Got called into work at the last minute." Thora added, shrugging whilst picking up torn down decorations.

"Are you kidding me? So it's just us?" Caroline whined.

"Yes, and you're late."

"Cleaning committee started at eight o'clock."

"It's like eight-o-two."

"Exactly. I managed to turn up on time, and I didn't even get to attend the dance that I organized." Rebekah said with a blank expression.

Caroline sighed as she tucked her phone back into her pocket and the other girls continued their cleaning.

"I'm sorry about your mom." Caroline spoke up again, re-capturing both of the girls' attention. "I mean, I know you, like, hated her and everything, but still. I'm sorry."

Rebekah sighed and emptied out the little bin into a bigger one, not wanting to say the words that were going to come out. And with a rather pointed look from her little sister-in-law, she did.

"I'm sorry about your teacher. He seemed like a nice guy."

"Yeah. He was."

"I'm going to get started on the gym." Rebekah then said, wasting no time in walking off, leaving the remaining blondes alone.

"So," Thora spoke a little awkwardly as she continued to clean. "Tyler's back, eh?"

"Yeah." Caroline smiled, thinking of her sweetheart. "It's amazing. He's amazing."

"You two are good for each other. He really loves you, I can tell."

"Thanks... So are you and Klaus. I mean, like, never tell him I said that, because, like, ew, but you really are the cutest couple."

"Thanks." Thora grinned, thinking of her own lover that was currently packing up their home. "I'm excited for what the future holds for us, you know?"

"What could the future possibly hold for you?" Caroline laughed. "Haven't you guys been through it all and seen it all already?"

"Well, yes, but we're getting married again."

"What?! OMG! That's so amazing, congratulations! I mean, even though Klaus is, like, totally evil and gross and yucky, you have to invite me to the wedding. I can totally help you pick out a dress!"

Thora laughed and nodded, because despite her antipathy toward her friends, she would always have a soft spot for Caroline Forbes.

"So what have you got planned so far? Any ideas?"

"Well, we want a winter wedding, and the color scheme is to be white and grey. And although Klaus doesn't like to admit that he's the one that has chosen our flower arrangements, let me tell you that he has. He wants sterling roses, which I totally agree with. That's all we have that is set in stone for now, but all in all we want our wedding to be very classy and elegant. Something that will remain as―"