Chapter 29

n// sorry about the wait yo but here ya go!! thank you so much for all the support and be sure to vote/comment/share/add to your reading lists/whatever!!! love yall :) <3

"So who am I really?" Thora asked, looking at Niklaus as they walked together, hand in hand down the streets of Mystic Falls to a destination unknown to her. All she knew is that it was very important.

Klaus sighed and brought her hand to his lips, placing a kiss on it. He had no idea what the shock of finding out her true life was going to do to her, and he almost didn't want to. But he promised her no secrets, and although he was a dishonorable man a lot of the time concerning his actions, when it came to her, he was a man of his word.

"You're my wife," He said with a small smile, looking down at the ring that he still wore around his neck. Never did he once take it off. "Thora Mikaelson. The most beautiful woman in the world, inside and out, who hates spiders, loves the color purple, and who died on the twenty-third of April in the year of 1656. The worst day in all my years of living."

Thora's breath caught in her throat at the new information, but let Niklaus continue, regardless.

"We met when you were running away. I was originally going to make you my late night snack -- sorry, darling, but it's true -- but then you explained to me your story, and why you were running away. I understood completely, and found myself intrigued by you."

"What? Were you engaged to be married to a man you never met too?" Thora joked, leaning into her lover's side on instinct.

"No," Klaus chuckled. "But, as you probably saw from before, daddy dearest and I have some un-resolved issues."

The hybrid took a deep breath and looked toward the horizon, dreading the tale that he unfortunately had to tell. After all, what good is telling the truth when you're not telling the whole truth?

"I am a bastard child. Product of my mother's infidelity which was revealed in one of the more unfortunate circumstances of my life. My father, Mikael, blamed me. He had always hated me, thinking I was too weak, useless, the list goes on, really, but when he found out that I wasn't his... Well, the hatred grew into something more than what it was before. He wished me dead... But never mind that, love. He can never hurt any of us again."

Thora nodded at his story, soaking all of the information in about her husband.

"But that isn't your fault!" She exclaimed, now feeling a hell of a lot better about shooting the man in the head and her husband staking him in the heart, thus resulting in him catching on fire. "You cannot be blamed for your mother's mistakes -- if one can even call them that!"

"Thora, I'm pretty sure infidelity is a mistake. A big one, at that."

"Well I don't think so in this particular case," She said stubbornly. "Because if it weren't for her un-faithfulness, then you would not have been created. And oh, what a tragedy that would be."

And for once, someone's words actually brought comfort to the man. Everyone else showered pity on him, thinking him as no more than some misguided child lost in the big, cruel world with extreme identity issues, which was partly true. But Thora... she turned his sob story into something positive. Something that made him proud of who he is and where he came from. She made him feel worth something. And what a gift that was to the man. But nevertheless, he continued.

"I turned you that night... I made you everything you wanted to be, Thora. Faster, stronger, heathier, ageless, virtually unstoppable. And you loved it. You were most pure in that form. You traveled with my siblings and I around the world, experiencing everything worth giving a thought to. We laughed and cried and drank and fed and loved and hated, and it was perfect."

"How did I... die?"

"We were racing back to a castle we were staying in, and you were ambushed. A group of hunters staked you through the heart and  burned you to ashes, leaving nothing of you behind but your wedding ring and the necklace you are wearing right now."

Thora gasped slightly, grabbing the necklace instinctively, running her hand over the imprint of the rune.

"I brought you back," he said simply, continuing with his tale. "It took me hundreds of years, my love, but I finally did it. But..."

"The only problem is that I can't remember a single thing of what you're telling me, and I am not of your kind." She continued.

Then it was silent. The two still walked hand in hand, feeling comfort in the other's touch alone. But then a smile crept up onto Klaus' face, and he grew excited.

"That's why we're leaving here." He boldly stated.

"What?"

"We, my love, are leaving Mystic Falls. Today, even. This town has nothing for us but bad memories and a whole lot of enemies."

"Where would we go?"

"Anywhere your heart desires, my little storm."

Thora smiled and wrapped her arms around his neck, planting a kiss on his plump, pink lips.

"Okay." She smiled. "Let's go."

Klaus grinned and kissed her again, feeling like the happiest man alive.

"Let me call Rebekah." He smiled. "Then when we have her, we'll leave and never come back."

Thora nodded as Klaus pulled out his phone, dialling his sister's number, only to be sent to voicemail.

"Rebekah, where are you? Pick up the phone, darling, daddy's dead. Its time for a family reunion."

Seeing that he was getting another call, he smiled and answered it.

"Stefan! Miss me already?"

"I'm just calling to thank you for my freedom."

"Well, I like to believe that I am a man of my word, more or less."

"The thing is, it came at too high of a price..." Stefan trailed off. "You took everything from me, Klaus."

"Let bygones be bygones, trust me. Resentment gets old."

"You know what never gets old? Revenge."

Klaus growled and rushed over to a large truck, opening the back of it whilst growling, much to Thora's confusion.

"What's the matter, Klaus?" Stefan asked. "Missing something?"

"What are you doing?" The hybrid asked gravely.

"Just enjoying my freedom."

"I will kill you and everyone you've ever met!"

"You do that, and you will never see your family again." The vampire threatened back. "I wonder, Klaus... As someone who has been one step ahead for a thousand years, were you prepared for this?"

Klaus growled again and clutched the phone so hard that it broke.

"What's wrong?" Thora asked. "What happened?"

"Change of plans, love." He said ruefully. "We might be staying here a little bit longer than planned."