Chapter 52

n// hey guys!! i changed the timeline of the show a little bit in this chapter so if there are any continuity errors i apologize and i am aware that all of this happened before he met thora but it fit better after and blah blah blah!! also sorry that it's so short but i hope you enjoy!!!!!!

"Are we interrupting something?"

That was the first thing to come out of Thora's mouth when she and Klaus entered the Lockwood home, only to find the young hybrid and the werewolf girl he'd taken a recent liking to sharing a moment.

"I didn't know you were here." Was all the immortal teen spoke in return.

"Clearly."

Klaus, on the other hand, was not as smug as his wife was at the sight. He was angry. No, he was more than that. He was pissed. He couldn't believe that the hybrid that he had sent to do one job was bested, and that the insufferable little wench that was Elena Gilbert managed to kill the hunter. So as he stared into the soul of his once sired hybrid, he could feel the tension in the room rise. Just how he liked it.

"Just thought we'd pop 'round to celebrate Dean's successful retrieval of the vampire hunter. Yet, when Thora and I arrived, I learned that not only was Dean unsuccessful, but that Elena killed the hunter."

"Well, maybe if you had let Dean use force on Connor instead of sending him in on a suicide mission―"

"Maybe you should mind your own business." Thora interrupted, not particularly caring for the tone she was taking with her husband.

"What do you care if Connor's dead, anyway?" Tyler asked, not wanting to get Hayley killed for her big mouth sassing the Original Hybrid's beloved wife. He, of all people, knew what would happen if anyone crossed her in his presence, and it wasn't pretty.

"I have my reasons." Was all Klaus said to the question. "They have ceased to matter. Cheers."

The conversation was interrupted (yet again) by a knock at the door, causing Klaus to smirk.

"Who is it?" Thora asked quietly.

"You'll see."

"I brought your old laptop, your jersey, and the charm bracelet." Spoke a seemingly passive aggressive Caroline Forbes, making Thora smile.

"Car... This isn't a good time." Tyler sighed.

"Just take it."

Shoving the box into his arms with much force, the happy couple watched the interaction with smirks on both of their faces.

"Caroline," Klaus spoke, taking Thora's hand and walking over to the blonde. "By the break-up drama unfolding before me, I assume you've met Hayley."

Nodding a tiny bit, Thora suddenly felt pity for the girl. She knew that when she and Klaus had their little falling out, she didn't really want anyone bothering her about it, and she knew that the last thing that Caroline wanted at the moment was Klaus belittling her heartache in front of everyone.

"All right, come on, let's go." She spoke, looking at the hybrids that were nonchalantly laying on the couch. "Let's leave them alone. Your talents are needed elsewhere."

"For what?" Tyler asked, getting  defensive and nosy like he always did.

"I think you've got more important things to deal with, mate." Klaus chimed in.

After sending the hybrids off to do his bidding, Klaus wrapped an arm around Thora's shoulders and placed a kiss to her temple, smiling down at her.

"What're you grinning at?" She asked teasingly.

"You. Us. Everything." He responded with a cheeky grin. "Life is beautiful, isn't it?"