Chapter 46

Walking back into the hospital, I signed in and decided to pay August a small visit. I asked the receptionist for his room number, and made my way to the elevator. Going into August's room he had on a pair of black joggers, white Jordan's, and a white t shirt. August was packing his stuff like he was about to leave.

He heard my footsteps and smiled back at me, before trying to approach me. I smiled back but my smile didn't reach my eyes. My eyes no longer sparkles when the light hit it, my skin was dull, and my smile wasn't the same. August walked over to me and embraced me into a big hug as if he let me go I would disappear. I wrapped my arms around him and laid my head on his chest looking out the window.

I was beginning to think of what August and I had. Was it even worth continuing ? How could two people be together after so much damage was done?

"I missed you baby." August squeezed me.

I sighed, I did miss August but I didn't want to tell him. After so much had happen, it was just best that August and I separated. Even from the start when I first met him it was rocky, so what would of made me think it would of gotten better? When he threw the cane at my head and it broke in half, that told me then that August and I would never work. After all the things we have did to each other, all the things we have said, I should of known that August and I would only tear each other apart.

August looked down at me with concern in his eyes, "Are you okay?"

"Yea, I'm fine." I nodded my head, "But we have to talk."

He looked at me urging for me to keep on talking. How do I tell the man I love that we are better off apart then together? How do I tell the man I love that I no longer want to be in this relationship? I love August, and I know he loves me too. It's just maybe we are better off loving each other from a distance. Whenever we are together, people get hurt. And Im tired of seeing people get hurt.

"We been through a lot within the last 24 hours and it opened my eyes to things." I started looking him in the eye, "When we are together nothing but bad things happen. People die and get hurt. Seeing my daughter almost loose her life because of your jealous assistant made me realize that we are better off separated. I love you August, but things just won't work out between us."

August worked his jaw as he tried to remain calm, "So that's how you feel? We got to hell and back and your ass wanna get up and leave? I saved your ass from Trey raping you, and you wanna leave? I saved you from getting your head blown off, and you wanna leave? I give your daughter blood, barely having enough for myself because i know if she dies you'll die inside. And you wanna leave?"

I looked at him with my mouth slightly opened.

"I was gonna buy us a new Home so that we didn't have to live in the memories of what happened last night. Because I care about you, and I want what's best for you! Your selfish, and I can't fuck with selfish people. Your ungrateful." August spit out before walking out the room and leaving.

Tears threaten to fall freely from my face but I know I couldnt cry, I've already cried enough. Taking a few deep breaths, I walked out the room and headed into Victoria's room. She was laying peacefully in her bed sound asleep. Victoria had a white cast, wrapped all around her head to protect her stitches.

Looking over at the sink, I saw a letter and went to pick it up. It had Monica's handwriting on it, and it said To Elise. I couldn't bare anymore bad news and I was hesitant to opening up the letter and reading it. Taking a deep breath, I unfolded the paper and looked to see that it was indeed from Monica. I began reading the letter, tears forming in my eyes.

Dear Elise,
I know I am probably the last person you wanna hear from right now, but I just wanted to tell you how truly sorry i am. All my life I wanted to fit in and I search for who I am as a person. My mom took away the only thing that held me together, my purity. After all that, I didn't know who I was anymore. I lived off everybody else's happiness cause I couldn't find my own. No, it doesn't justify my actions and I don't expect you to forgive me. I just wanted you to understand where I was coming from. I never meant to hurt Victoria, and I never meant to hurt you. Just thought that if I did it maybe I could of found my own happiness somewhere in there. But I didn't, it only made it worst and that led me to know that I would never be happy in this world. So I'm going to end my life, so i can not only free you from the burden i caused in you, but also free me from mine. I love you Elise, take care Victoria and guard her with your heart. See you in the near future.
Love, Monica

I read the message over again and I couldn't help but cry over again. I was overwhelmed with all kinds of emotions and didn't know what to do. My business launch in Houston is in two days, and I think it's just best that I pack up Victoria's and my stuff and leave. Atlanta holds way too much bad memories for us and it's best we just leave and start over.