Chapter 37

Elise P.O.V.

"We have to go out and celebrate sis." Monica whined.

Monica wanted to go out to a new club that opened tonight for a girls night. She wanted to celebrate the grand opening to my business out in Houston, Texas since I leave in a few days.

"Can't we just go to a nice fancy restaurant." I pleaded, "You know I don't go out and party."

She kissed her teeth, "No Elise, you haven't been out to have any fun since you had Elise and started your business."

That was indeed a true fact, after college and I started my business and had Victoria I stopped going out. My main priority was my princess and making sure I had money to put food on the table. Don't get me wrong, I was never one to go out and be wild, but I did go out on the weekends to have a couple drinks.

"I know, but if I go. Who is going to watch her?" I questioned.

Monica placed her hands on her hips, "You know August is more than willing to watch her tonight."

"He can't, He is working late at the office." I stated.

Lately, August have been working late and picking up extra hours at work. I haven't been able to talk to him as much, but I know he is a busy man. He did tell me that he also had a business meeting to attend in New York in a few days. We'll be leaving on the same day, just at different times.

"Okay, so if I can find someone to watch Victoria for a few hours tonight you'll come with me to the club?" Monica smiled brightly.

I glared at her, "No Monica, my daughter just recently got out of surgery. Yes she is healing fast, but I don't need someone to watch her. I need someone to care for her, and be responsible for her. Someone that I can trust to make sure she is okay. Victoria is only 6 years old."

I was more than thrilled to go out to the grand opening to the new club that was built in downtown Atlanta. However, when you have a child your mindset changes and you can't go out whenever you please. You have to make sure that your child is in safe hands before you run off. The world is becoming a cruel place and you can't trust just anybody with your child.

"My mother can watch her." Monica said, "I know you are hesitant about people taking your daughter, but my mom owns a day care. She takes care of children for a living."

I took a glance at Monica, "Fine, but I have to meet her before we leave."

Monica squealed, jumping up and down in a circle. She gave me a big bear hug before she ran upstairs to jump in the shower to get ready.

I glanced at the time and it read 8:24, and Monica wanted to leave at 9:30 to be at the grand opening at 10:00. A sigh escaped my lips as I walked into my bathroom and hopped into the shower. Taking a quick shower, I got out and wrapped a fluffy towel around my torso before entering my walk in closet. It was an all white club, so I picked out a short bodycon dress with long sleeves with the back out.

Putting on the dress, I got my matching white Jimmy Choos. The dress was a high neck, so I decided to put on a gold choker, my gold Rolex, and my gold Chanel stud earrings. Since my hair is always in its natural kinky curly state, I decided to flat iron it pin straight. Parting it on the side, I sprayed on some Gucci perfume and headed out the room.

"Damn Girl, you looking like a girl right out of the magazines." Monica whistled.

I laughed and took in her appearance. She had on a white lace bralette with a white mini skirt and matching heels. Her hair was in a sleek high pony tail with curls.

"And you look like a stripper." I smirked.

Monica twirled, "I'm an exotic dancer bitch."

I bussed out laughing as there was a knock on the door. Opening the door, I was met by a middle age woman who held a warming smile on her face.

"Oh! You must be Elise!" The woman came in and took me into a warm embrace.

I hugged her back, "Yes I am, and you are?"

"I'm Debra." She stuck her hand out for me to shake, "I'm Monica's mom. She talks so much about you, you changed her into such a good woman. I mean, she still out there hoeing but it's okay. Baby steps."

A giggle escaped from my lips. Debra was very honest.

"So you own a day care?" I asked.

She nodded her head, "Yes I have, for 30 years I owned my own day care. I just have such a big passion for kids. I wanted to have a big family of my own, but I couldn't because I have diabetes. Women with diabetes can of course have kids, it's just harder for them. My doctor told me I could only have one, and Monica over there almost didn't make it. So I decided to just start a day care. Then I can be surrounded by what I love most."

I nodded my head.

"I know how a woman is with her child, definitely one that is as young as yours." Debra chuckled, "Victoria just came out of surgery and she is only 6 and people take advantage of children in her state. I know the feeling, I was like that with Monica because she was my only child. The only child I was able to have. But I must tell you, you can trust me with your baby girl. I would not put her in any harms way."

"Thank you." I smiled softly.

I wanted to trust Debra with Victoria, but something was just telling me that soon something was going to happen. And it wasn't going to end pretty.