Chapter 26

A/N: Make sure to leave my last chapter some love, don't forget to vote and comment. ❤️ Truly just want to thank all of y'all for taking interest in my book. Also, thank you for all the feedback that I have been getting. I really am blessed to have such good readers. Love all of y'all. 😘

Elise P.O.V.

August walked in the room and Victoria practically tried to jump out the hospital bed to get to him.

"Victoria sit down, your IV will pop out." I frantically said.

Victoria sat back down on the bed as August approached her bed side. Being able to see again let me see the emotions I wasn't able to see. August had tears in his eyes but he wouldn't dare let one fall. He sat on the edge of her bed and gave her the teddy bear that she took and gave a big hug.

"Her name is Faith." August told her.

Victoria looked at him, "Why is her name Faith?"

"Because at one moment in her teddy bear life she went through the same thing that you went through. She had a tumor on her heart and the doctors said that she wouldn't make it if they didn't take the tumor out. And wanna know how she survived?" August told a story.

Victoria looked down at Faith, and then back up at August, "How?"

"She had faith." He smiled at her, "She never would of made it as far as she gotten without the man upstairs."

"She got pretty far." She smiled at the bear.

"Yea, she got so far she got to you to be able to tell you her story." August said.

Victoria smiled at the bear as August took out a small pocket Holy Bible. August looked at me and asked if he could read her a small scripture while she go through this tough time. I've never been one to go to church, but I am a Christian and do believe God works miracle.

"No weapons formed against me, will prosper." August said to Victoria and kissed the top of her head.

He turned and looked at me and asked if he could speak to me in the hallway. Nodding my head, I took one last look at Victoria who was slowly dosing off before I went out in the hallway with August. I wasn't angry with him anymore, I had to realize that I have to do what's important and best for my daughter and stop being selfish. Victoria loves August and if she wants August in her life, then I'm not gonna stop it. She needs a male figure in her life, and if August is the man she wants then that's the man she will get.

"Elise, I just wanted to talk to you about those pictures that were emailed to you."  August started.

Folding my arms under my chest I looked down at the floor and then up at him, "It's okay August, we weren't official and you were allowed to do as you please."

He looked shocked, "What I did was wrong, and I shouldn't of let temptation consume you. I want you, only you and I will do whatever it takes to get you."

"Do you know how you sound August?" I sarcastically laughed, "You had sex with your assistant and now your saying you want me. And honestly, you don't know what you want."

August's phone vibrated and he checked it. Looking at his facial expression I can tell that the text he received wasn't a good one.

"Fuck." August whispered.

"What?" I asked.

He looked at me with worried eyes, "Joanna is pregnant."

I began to think about my past a few years ago when I caught Vincent having sex with his assistant and how she ended up pregnant. However, she put the baby up for adoption because after Vincent died she didn't want to raise a child by herself. August saying this brought up memories, memories that I didn't want to remember. But with the past, memories are all you have.

Taking a deep breath I looked at him, "You need to choose."

August looked at me, "What are you talking about?"

"Don't play stupid with me August." My anger was rising, "You need to choose between Joanna and I. If you have Joanna you need me, and if you have me you don't need Joanna."

"She's pregnant, I can't just drop her." He looked at me as if I was stupid.

"So you made your decision?" I raised a brow at him.

He wiped his hand over his face, "Give me a couple days to talk to her and sort things out."

"Talk or fuck?" I sneered.

August frowned, "Don't be like that."

"Oh, so both ? Y'all gonna talk and fuck? That's nice." I hissed.

"Why the hell are you acting like this Elise?"  August raised his voice."

"BECAUSE YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU WANT AUGUST!" I screamed.

He looked at me.

"I'm tired of whenever you make a mistake you apologize and expect for me to want you back. That is the second time I caught you having sex with your assistant while you were trying to be with me. I'm not your puppet, when you fuck shit up you say sorry and expect for it to go away as if it's nothing. I have standards, I have morals, I have expectations and I expect for you to go by them." I fussed at him.

A nurse slowly walked up to August and I,  "Can y'all take this outside please."

Before August could say anything I spoke, "No it's fine, he was just leaving."

I glared at August before going back into Victoria's room and taking a seat on the reclining chair beside her. Putting my head in the palms of my hands tears begins to fall freely down my face as the feeling of overwhelm and stress covered me.

At this point I didn't know what to do, I have made love for him and I could of seen a future with him. But finding out he had sex with his assistant and then getting her pregnant is too much for me. And on top of that, my daughter had a tumor that will be getting taken out in two to three days. This is a lot on my plate and I really just need a break from everything and everyone.

"Mommy?" Victoria whispered, waking up.

I wiped my face and looked at her, "Yes baby?"

"Why are you crying?" She looked at me with sleepy eyes.

I grabbed her hand, "Mommy was just thinking about some things, I'm okay."

"No weapons form against you, shall prosper." Victoria whispered what August said before closing her eyes and going to sleep.