Chapter 22

(Elise Ebony in the mm. This character is being played by Aaliyahjay the youtuber.)

Elise P.O.V.

The doctor pierced my brown skin with the IV needle as they strolled me down the white hallway in my hospital bed to prepare me for my surgery. She told me to count down from 100 and I begin to do so. My eyes slowly closed, as I whispered softly to myself 98. This is what I have been wanting, to be able to see again.

"Please Elise." Monica whimpered, "Wake up. Don't wake up for me, but wake up for your daughter. She needs you."

"Mommyyyyyyy." Victoria screamed and hollered, "Wake up! Wake Up!!!!!"

"Sweetie, its your mother." She cried silently, "I need you to wake up."

I heard everyone in the room whimpering, crying, and wallowing in their sorrow for I have went into a coma, something all of them and I have feared. This isn't a mild coma where I have a big chance of waking up, this is one of those major comas where there is a huge chance that I may not wake up. While in the middle of my surgery, I begin to bleed out and I lost more blood than I gained blood.

"Elise." Vincent said, welcoming me into the light.

I gasped and my eyes widen as I walked towards him and we walked into the light together. It was white, nothing but white as I looked around my surroundings. In addition, it was also peaceful, not a noise was heard, you could hear a pin drop.

"Where are we?" I asked, doing a slow 360 turn.

Vincent smiled, "This is your door. For you to go through to go to the promise land."

I frowned up at him, "Then why are you here?"

He looked down at my 4'11 frame and began to cry, "I wanted to tell you I'm sorry for everything I did to you and put you through. You were a good woman to me and our daughter Victoria."

Vincent began too pace back and forth while tears streamed down his face, he covered his face with his hands, "Everything she saw, everything I was about to do to her, baby I'm sorry. The things she experienced at 2 was uncalled for, and it eats me away on the inside."

"Vincent." My eyes begin to water, "Why are you apologizing now? You had plenty of time to apologize and start over with me."

"I was caught up on drugs, I did everything. I shot up myth and heroin, I smoked crack and weed, and I sniffed the fuck out of some cocaine. And every time I tried to stop, so that I can be a better father to Victoria, or a better husband to you baby, I lashed out. Nothing I say or do will take back how guilty I feel for treating you that way."

Vincent was now on the floor balled up and crying, I crouched down to his level and embraced him in a big hug.

"You wont be able to go to the promise land without a soft heart, and forgiving everyone that did you wrong. I want to see you in the promise land, I want to see you looking down at Victoria. Forgive me Elise, forgive me for everything I have ever done to you. Set yourself free and set me free." Vincent looked up at me with pleading eyes.

Tears slowly rolled down my face as I rubbed Vincent's cheek with the palm of my hand, "Vincent, the thing is I already forgave you. For the cheating, the abuse, the rape, the trying to abuse my daughter. I forgave you way before any of this ever happened, because no matter what happens to you or me, I will always love you."

Vincent and I stayed on the ground and cried as we held onto each other. This was the Vincent that I was known to love and care for. The one that expressed his feeling towards me, the one that cried when he was feeling heavy, the one that knew he was human and made mistakes, the one that wouldn't let his pride take over and when he knew he was wrong he apologized. This is the Vincent that I fell in love with.

I wiped my face and looked down at Vincent, "Alright Vincent, its time we go through that door and go to the promise land."

"Will you hold my hand as we walk through the door together?" Vincent got off the floor and looked down at me, giving me a soft smile.

I stuck a hand out welcoming him to take it and looked up at him smiling, "Of course."

Our hands intertwined with each other as we looked around and waited for my door to appear to take me away. Was I ready to leave, not really. There was still things I wanted to do with Victoria, there was still things I wanted to do with my business, and many more. However, if God tells me it is my time to go, I can't tell him no.

My door appeared and I took a moment to admire it, the door was made out of memories I had from the time I was born to right now. We walked up to the door and I smiled looking at the moment where I had just gotten through labor with Victoria and I was holding her while Vincent was looking down at us in awe. I looked at the last memory before this happened and it was during my eye surgery and I saw how everything went from good to bad.

As my door slowly opened I went to walk through it only to have Vincent snatch me back from my door.

"Vincent? What are you doing?" I looked at him confused.

"I messed up in the past and Im not gonna mess up again. Go back, go back to Victoria. She needs you, she needs her mother. She already lost her father, she doesn't need to loose her mother too. I need you to take care of her, guide her down the right path, do for her what I couldn't do." Vincent said pushing me into the opposite direction of my door.

With his forceful push I began to fall back and I fell into a deep abyss of nothing.