Chapter 24

(In case y'all forgot who Elise Ebony Young was, she is in the mm. Aaliyahjay the youtuber will be playing her character. If your into make up, you should definitely check out her YouTube channel.)

Elise P.O.V.

My eyes fluttered opened and a deep breath escaped from my lips as my breathing began to quicken and I looked around frantically. My mother was laying on my stomach sobbing, my father had his head buried in his hands, and from the corner of my eyes I saw August sitting in the chair in the far corner with tears falling freely down his cheeks and every so often he'd wiped them.

"Get him out." I whispered softly.

My mom looked up at me with bright red eyes, "Elise, you're awake."

Remembering everything and everything that got me to where I am, my anger began to rise. "Get him out." I said slightly louder.

It got the attention of my father and he also came to my side and kissed me all over my face thanking and praising God that I was alive. August looked at me and got up and began to walk towards me.

"GET HIM OUT!" I began to holler and tears rolled down my face, "GET HIM OUT NOW! GET HIM THE FUCK OUT!"

The doctor and the nurse ran in and looked at me in pure shock as if I was not suppose to be awake; however, that did not fix the problem that August was still in the room and only a couple feet away looking at me with eyes full of regret. I didn't want to see him, I didn't want to be near him. We weren't together, but we were talking, and if you can't be loyal in the talking stage then you won't be loyal when we are together.

"Ma'am, I need you to calm down and tell me who exactly needs to leave the room." The doctor softly touched my shoulder, and looked me in the eyes.

I looked over at August and shakily pointed my index finger at him, "Him! Get him the hell out." I began to scream, swing my arms, and kick.

"Sir, we are going to need you to wait outside the room while we exam Miss Young so that she can cooperate." The nurse walked over to August and politely said it.

August nodded his head, wiped his hand over his face, and walked out he room. I began to calm down and my mom wiped my forehead with a napkin as beats of sweat began to roll down. My father moved the chair that August was sitting in to my side and took a seat.

"Miss Young are you okay? How are you feeling? Any pain anywhere?" The doctor asked.

I nodded my head, "A dull pain around my eyes."

"I figured that, well to catch you up on everything that happened. The surgery was successful, can you see?" The doctor asked.

I smiled, "Yes, I can see. Everything is a little bit blurry though."

The doctor smiled at me, "Great, that is expected for the first week. Blurry vision. So next week, we assigned you an eye doctor's appointment so we can get those new eyes of yours checked out to see if you need glasses or not."

"Really?" I began to smile harder.

"Of course, don't want you going blind again. So next week Thursday at 3:30 in the afternoon you have an eye doctor's appointment with an eye specialist at Indigo. What they will do is do a normal eye exam on you and tell you if you need glasses or not; however, before you go you will have to come to me first around 2:30 so I can check to see how your healing and make sure everything is healing correctly."

"Alright." I smile and nodded.

He took out his clipboard and started writing things down and then gave it to the nurse.

"This is your nurse and she'll be given you medicine for you to take home when you check out which should be in the next three days. She will also be telling you what to do and what not to do while you are healing. Lastly, she will examine you just to make sure everything is going alright with them new eyes." The doctor said before shaking my hand, "You were truly a miracle."

As the doctor walked out, I saw August out there and he began to talk to the doctor. After the door shut, the nurse came to me and smiled warmly at me.

"Are these your parents?" She asked kindly.

I nodded my head, "Yes, these are my parents."

"Alright, well like the doctor said you are truly a miracle. Unlike the doctor, I like to tell the patient what happened after the surgery. Not to be cruel and scare them, but to let them know how crucial the surgery was, and how much of a blessing they are to actually make it out alive."

I looked at her in confusion, and then looked at both my parents and they put their heads down avoiding eye contact with me.

"Miss Young, you had a retina transplant procedure done on you; however, something happened to the retina and we had to give you new eyes all together. We took a  young woman around your age who had recently passed away in the hospital and did a full blown eye transplant on you. It was very dangerous; however, you pulled through but it put you in a coma. A coma we didn't know if you'd make it out of. And just early this afternoon, your heart monitor went blank, you died Elise. But somehow, we don't know how, but you opened your eyes and you're alive. So you need to be grateful, cause you almost left this earth." She explained.

I was truly lost of words, tears developed in my eyes as I looked at both my mom and dad. Thinking of how I almost left them, my daughter, Monica, my business I worked so hard on.

The nurse rubbed my shoulder, "I know this was a lot to take in, but I just felt like you needed to know that you are a miracle and you needed to know why you were a miracle. I'll be in tomorrow morning to give you your final exams."

I put my head in my hands and began to sob, my heart broke knowing that I almost left my family and friends. I felt my mother and father hug me and tell me it was going to be okay. But in reality, it really wasn't going to be okay.