Chapter 36 - Mangia (Eat)

Harry's POV

As we lay there, I stare at this beautiful creature before me. She is knocked out thanks to me... LOL Christina is so naturally beautiful. She doesn't need make-up at all and her inner beauty shines through right to my heart. I feel so at peace around her.

Christina starts to move and I whisper, "Hey there pretty girl. How are you feeling?" She opens her eyes and she smiles at me and says, "I am ok. I am scared though." I assure her that we are going to be ok and that she doesn't need to be scared.

She laughs at me and says, "Oh Harry, I was talking about dinner tonight with my family. I have no idea who my mother invited but, I know it will not be pretty. Remember I warned you in advance!"

I look at her and smile but deep down I am wondering how bad can it be? "I actually can't wait to meet your family. I love being around my family. I am extremely close with my Mum and sister. I can't wait to introduce you to them." I say. Did I really just say that? I rarely introduce anyone to them. Most of the women I have dated were beautiful but, didn't have that real down to earth personality that I love.

Christina kisses me and tells me that she can't wait to meet them. I know I am smiling from ear to ear... Then she tells me that she is about to go take a shower before dinner. Of course I ask if I can join her which I get shot down right away. I tried...

After she leaves to go take a shower I start to look around her room. I find a bunch of old photo albums. One is marked "A&D HS", I am assuming this is her high school, Art & Design. I remember her telling me that this where she fell in love with photography.

As I am looking through the pictures, I notice how beautiful and happy she looks in them and it makes me smile. I turn the pages and see more and more beautiful pictures of buildings and bridges. She has an amazing eye. I really need her to do a photo shoot of me. I will let her figure out where and when but, I can't wait to see how she sees me.

Just then I hear a big commotion downstairs. I guess this means some family has arrived. All of a sudden the door swings open and I see Christina's father Vincenzo staring at me. "Harry, I didn't know you were here. It is very nice to see you again. Later I would like to have a talk with you about this whole situation with Antonio. Unfortunately, there will be a lot of media around this case and I want you to be prepared for what will be coming your way since you will have to testify against that bastard." her father tells me. I thank him and assure him we can speak later.

He thanks me again for saving his daughter and tells me to come downstairs with him so we can have a drink and he warns me that his wife has invited some family over. He laughs at the expression of fear on my face. "Harry, have you ever had dinner with an Italian family? Just so you know, it will be loud but filled with love." he says.

I half smile and say, "Bring the liquor on!" Vincenzo pats me on the back and tells me to follow him downstairs.

Christina's POV

I walk in my room and Harry is not there. OMG... They got him already... Nooooooo I hurry and get dressed and run down the stairs and there is poor Harry sitting between my grandmother and my cousin Toni who obviously knows who he is because she is throwing herself at him.

He looks up at me and his face is begging for me to save him. Poor baby... I go up to my grandmother and kiss her cheek and she says, "Sugar Pie, this nice young man here tells me that he is your boyfriend." I look over to Harry with a surprised look on my face and say, "Is that so Grandma?"