Starting Over

S/C= Skin Color (I.e: Pale, dark, etc..)

"So..Anything new?" I asked him as we walked along the beach.

"Lucinda and Jackson got put in jail and they're gonna be there for write a while. Thank goodness, am I right?" He chuckled.

"Who?" I asked, slightly confused. Those names rang a bell, but I didn't know who they were or why it was a good thing they were gone.

"You know...um..the ones who kidnapped your sister...They both liked us?" I shrugged on confusion. "The ones who out you in a coma...?"

"I don't remember anything about them...But by the sound of it, maybe that's a good thing.." I said, slightly embarrassed.

There was a pause and I could tell Travis was thinking. "What do you remember?" He finally asked.

"Well...I remember I'm Y/N..I remember that I was in a coma for a month. I remember that I had the best boyfriend in the world..I remember all my 'friends and family' all drove him out of town. I mean, that's pretty much a gist of it." I shrugged.

"Nothing else? Like, you don't remember all the struggles we had?"

I shook my head. All I remembered was me moving into town and then we started to date and had the best relationship ever. I wasn't even quite sure why my "friends" drove him out.

"What about your past?" He asked.

"What about it?"

"Do you remember staying in Scaleswind? With Nicole? Do you remember having many bad boyfriends? Do you remember having a terrible childhood?" He asked, slightly annoyed.

Truth is, I remember having a bad childhood but I didn't remember living in Scaleswind and having a bunch of bad boyfriends. I don't even remember this Nicole person. "Yeah, I totally remember that. I mean, how could I forget?" I lied.

He tilts his head as if he was trying to read me or something. "Are you sure?"

"Mmhm. I remember everything about my childhood. I was a..um...socially awkward kid with two sisters; Katelyn and Nikki." I said, trying to say what I thought sounded best.

"Wow, so you do remember.."

"I sure do-"

"...How to lie that is." He replied.

My heart sank. "W-what do you mean, lie?"

"You were very social as a child, you only have one sister, and the girl's name is Nicole."

"How would you know if I was social or not? Also, Nicole was practically a sister to me and we called her Nikki..."

"Y/N, I don't want you to lie to me to make me feel better. If you don't remember it, tell me." He said.

"I'm sorry Travis..I really am.. I wish I could remember. I wish I knew everything you knew about me, but I don't."

He cupped my cheek with his hand and I felt a tear escape my eye and roll down the side of my cheek, only to stop when hitting Travis's hand. "Y/N, I don't care that you don't remember. If anything, it gives us a chance to start over. I'm just glad you remember everything important. That you know who your family is, who your friends are, and most importantly, you know you love me. And I will never forget how much I love you."

I smile at him. I loved how passionate and caring he was with this kind of stuff. He was amazing. Just...Absolutely amazing.

I began to lean in and he did as well. Our lips got closer and closer to each other and soon the space between them vanished. Travis moved his hands to my waist to pull me closer to him and I wrapped my arms around my neck. Since I was only around 5'6 and he was 6'1, I had to stand on my tippy toes, but it didn't bother me.

I messed his hair up again by ruffling my hands through his hair. He began to kiss me even more passionately, more than usual..
I felt him tug at the Hem of my shirt and I immediately blushed and placed my hand at his chest, breaking our kiss. "No Travis, I do remember we said we weren't gonna do that."

He sighs and fixes his hair. "You're right, I'm sorry. I got caught up in the moment."

I smile, "It's alright." He wraps his arm around me and pulls me closer to him and we continued walking along the beach. We picked a spot and sat down to watch the sunset.

Beautiful shades of pink, purple, orange, and blue filled the sky as we watched and the breeze got colder against my s/c skin. My eyes got heavier and I leaned my head on Travis's shoulder. "Travis, let's go home.."

"To Phoenix Drop?" He asked.

"No, you said you wanted to start over. So let's do it here." I smile and grabbed his hand with mine.

He interlocked our fingers and said, "I was hoping you'd say something like that."

We stood up and began walking again, this time in the dark with lighting from the bright moon. We walked down the peaceful streets of Brightport and I couldn't help but smile.

I was excited to be spending a lot of time with the person I love in such a beautiful town.

We walked around town until we found a hotel that looked decent enough to stay in for the night. We went in and got a two person room. We got our keys and headed up to our room.

When we got inside, I immediately went into the bathroom and put my hair into a messy bun. Travis came up behind me after closing the hotel door and hugged me from behind. "You don't have any pajamas, do you?" He asked.

I shook my head and he chuckled. "I'll let you borrow one of my shirts tonight and then tomorrow we'll go shopping and get you some new clothes."

I smile and turn around to face him. "Thanks, Travis. I don't know what I'd do without you." I give him a quick peck on the lips and then he went and grabbed my shirt before tossing it over to me. I got changed in the bathroom while thinking about how wonderful it was going to be to start over with Travis.