Hanging Out

I stuck my tongue out at Katelyn after we finished laughing and grabbed my phone. I began to text Travis.

Y: Of course you miss me, who wouldn't?
Y: But sure, I'll hang out with you.
Y: Does later today work?

I told Katelyn the texts I sent him and she nodded.

"Good choice of words, Y/N. You really know how to save yourself." She chuckled.

Aphmau came in the living room and looked very impatient.

"Is there a fire?" We shook our heads 'no'. "Is there an emergency?" I shook my head 'no' while Katelyn nodded. "What is this 'so-called emergency?'" Aph asked.

"Travis wants to hang out with Y/N again." Katelyn giggled.

Aph's eyes widened and then she squealed and started jumping up and down.

"Calm down, he hasn't even replied yet." I told her.

Buzz

"What were you saying?" Katelyn asked.

I rolled my eyes and looked at the text.

T: I'll be there in a few 😉

Y: That works

"So?" Aph asked nosily.

"I've got to go get ready!" I said and then ran to my room.

I looked in my closet and grabbed a short sleeve shirt and jeans. I quickly slipped them on and put on a little mascara.

I then run into the living room and wait on the couch while putting my tennis shoes on.

"I'm assuming Travis is coming?" Aph giggles.

"How'd you guess?" I asked, out of breath.

"I have this gut feeling and-"

"Don't let her talk about her gut feeling." Katelyn interrupted.

Aph rolled her eyes and I chuckled. I finished getting my tennis shoes on and stood up.

"Do I look fine?" I asked.

Aph burst out laughing. I was so confused.

"Oh, yeah. Except your hair." Katelyn laughed.

Crap. Of course I would forget about that mess!

"Hold on just a minute!" I yell as I run to the bathroom near my room.

I open the drawer and grab a brush. I quickly run it through my thick and ratted hair and put it up in a high ponytail. Then I realized that looked like I didn't care, so I took the ponytail out and left my hair down. Then I decided it looked crappy so I put my hair in pigtails. Then that hairdo looked childish so I did my hair half up half down. That just looked too formal. So, I just braided my hair. That actually looked fine. Not too formal, not too crappy, just right.

I re-looked at myself in the mirror and smiled. Perfect I thought.

The doorbell rang and I ran out of the bathroom. I didn't want Katelyn or Aphmau to open the door and embarrass me. I haven't talked to Travis in too long, and that was not how I was going to start talking to him again.

I open the door and smile at Travis. Except it wasn't Travis, it was Jeffery. I frowned.

"Oh, hey Jeff." I said, kind of glum.

"Well, you sound very happy to see me." He joked.

"Katelyn, your military boyfriend is here." I shout at her.

Oh, yeah, I guess I better explain the hole, military thing. Jeffery joined the army last month right after Katelyn and him started dating. I probably should've included that when I summarized the past two months, but it didn't come to mind. Anyways, I know what you're thinking: What a jerk, becoming someone's boyfriend and then leaving for the military. But that's not what happened. He sent his application and a week later, they started dating. The next day, he got a letter saying he was accepted into the military.

Katelyn ran to the door and swung her arms around Jeffery's neck. He hugged her back.

"Jeffery! It's so good to see you!" She said gleefully.

"It's good to see you, too Katelyn." He smiled.

They pulled apart and she kissed his cheek.

"What are you doing here?" She asked.

"Well, I asked for a leave, and they granted me one." He told her.

"You left the military?!"

He nodded. Katelyn squealed- which is something she never does- and hugged him again. I then heard someone clear their throat behind Jeffery. Jeffery and Katelyn stepped aside and I saw Travis standing there. I smiled.

"Hey Travis."

"Hey Y/N, ready?"

I nodded. "But where are we going?"

"You'll see." He said as he opened the passenger side door.

I rolled my eyes and climbed into the car. I put my seatbelt on as Travis shut the door and walked to his side.

He got in and put his seatbelt on. He began to drive away from the house. He turned on the radio and the song "Closer" came on. I blushed because it was about a couple reuniting and falling in love again. It was pretty ironic.

"Hey, I was doing just fine before I met you. I drink too much and that's an issue, but I'm OK." I heard Travis sing.

I giggled. "Hey, tell your friends it was nice to meet them. But I hope to never see them again." He continued to sing.

"I know it breaks your heart, move to the city in a broke down car and....4 years no car, and now you're looking pretty in a hotel bar."

"And I-i-i Can't stop." I joined. "No I-i-i can't stop."

"So baby pull me closer in the back seat of your rover, that I know you can't afford. Bite that tattoo on your shoulder. Pull the sheets right of the corner of the matress that you stole, from your roommate back in Boulder we ain't ever getting older." He smiled at me.

"Ready to sing your part?" He asked.

"Uh...No." I told him.

"Come on. Oh, here it is." He said as he pretended to hand me a microphone.

I grabbed the pretend microphone a d rolled my eyes.

"You, look as good as the day I met you. I forgot just why I left you. I was insane." I blushed as I sang. "Stay, and play that Blink 182 song while we beat to death in Tuscon, OK. I know it breaks your heart, move to the city in a broke down car and, 4 years no car. And now I'm looking pretty in a hotel bar."

"And I-i-i, can't stop. No I-i-i can't stop." We both sang together.

We sang the chorus together and it actually sounded really good. The song ended and we both laughed.

"You know, you have a really bad voice." He told me.

I was shocked. "Excuse me?!" I was about to slap him.

"Just let me shut you up." He parked in a parking lot and I was so ticked off. The , he kissed me.

Oh, so this was his way of shutting me up... I like it.