Scary Day

We were waiting in line to go into the Thirteenth Floor. It was a pretty long line.

  Trinity and Katelyn had both worn shorts and a tank top while Aph and I were prepared with pepper spray, a winter coat, and skinny jeans.

  We were not about to walk into something unprepared. That's just stupid.

  An hour later, we were FINALLY let in. Once we got in, nothing actually seemed to scare me or Aph. It was kind of lame.

  But of course Katelyn and Trinity had a blast making fun of them. It was cool because we got a refund for not screaming once!

  After that we pretty much stopped at every other haunted house we saw open. All but one of them were really stupid.

  The one that wasn't though was actually held by the guys in our neighborhood.

  I was a little conflicted on wether or not I should do it, in fear I might run into Travis. We still haven't talked and it would be really awkward.

  But Trinity wouldn't have it. She dragged me into the house.

  As we walked, I could see the guys hiding. It was really obvious. But they didn't jump out at us, they stood there like statues.

  At one point I could've sworn I saw a glimpse of white hair run by, but it was too quick to know. 

  Once I turned around and I saw all the guys I saw earlier posed right behind us. They've been following us this entire time.

  The haunted house seemed to be over, so when I walked past the idi-boys to leave, someone grabbed my arm.

  I thought it was Trinity but then I realized it was Travis. I frowned at him.

  "If this is your idea of a haunted house, you really need to up your game." I got my hand out of his grasp and turned around to see a man with a chainsaw.

  That's when I started screaming and I ran out the backdoor. I had no idea where Trinity was, but I wasn't going back now.

  I looked around and to my right, there was a man holding a knife. I ran towards the gate to leave to the front yard and hopped over the fence.

  Boy was I tired.

  But I continued running until I was behind Katelyn and Aph, who had already finished the house.

  They started laughing at me and as did Trinity when she came out. Thank goodness she was alive!

  We then decided to go get ice cream and binge watch some anime. After about three hours, Trinity left to go home and Aph went up to her room.

  It was just me and Katelyn, just like old times.

  So we decided to do what we did best.

  Order Pizza and make prank calls.

  Yes, I know prank calls are child-ish, but they're still fun! We decided to do it on people we knew from the home phone first, and then we started dialing random numbers.

  All of them were pretty funny, but one actually got strung out into an entire conversation.

  It was with an old woman who seemed to be desperate to talk to anyone.

  Unfortunately, I got this person.

  This is how the phone call went:

  "Hello?" Spoke the old woman.

  "Hello there, I was just wondering if your refrigerator was running." I spoke.

  "Oh, yeah. It's running just fine." She said.

  "Well maybe you should go catch it!" I said.

  I was going to hang up the phone until I heard her laughter. Something about it just made me feel really bad for her, so I stayed on the phone a little longer.

  "Oh, that was a good one! I remember when my niece would tell jokes to me all the time! Oh, it was great."

  "Heh.... cool!" I said.

  Katelyn was super confused as to what I was doing, so I put it so we both could hear the call.

  "You know, you sound about the age my niece was. Are you twenty three?" She asks

  My eyes widened. How did she know that?

  "Y-yeah.... How did you know?"

  "Oh, you sound almost exactly like her. Oh, how I miss her..." She mumbled the last sentence.

  "I'm sorry to cut this short ma'am, but I need to get going. Bye now." I said.

  "Oh....bye..." She sounded so sad that I almost cried when I hung up the phone.

  Katelyn burst into laughter.

  "What's so funny?" I asked. "She sounded lonely, and...." I whispered the next word. "Old..."

  Katelyn began to laugh even more.

  "Y/N, you're hilarious. Seriously, who believes that kind of stuff?" I crossed my arms.

  "I do. She sounded hurt, and lonely, and in need of someone to talk to." I rolled my eyes.

  "Ok, I'm sorry for laughing at you. It's been a while and I forgot you're all sappy and crap."

  "And I'm proud of it!" I giggled and she did as well.

  "WILL YOU TWO KEEP IT DOWN?! I'M TALKING TO GARROTH!" Aph screamed at us from her room.

  "OOOOOOO~" Katelyn shouted back.

  "KATELYN, STAWP!"

  I burst out laughing. Now this was something I enjoyed watching.

  Katelyn rolled her eyes and chuckled.

  "I swear, those two are like.... Inseparable. I saw him wink at her at the haunted house." She said

  "Seriously?" I asked. She nodded.

  Suddenly my phone buzzed. I pulled it out to see a new text message.....

  From Travis....

T: So, what were you saying earlier about me needed to 'up my game'?

  I looked up at Katelyn.

  "Who is it?" She asked.

  "Travis......." I replied.

  She immediately took the phone out of my hand and read the text over and over.

  She then started to type something and then handed back my phone.

  I looked at it to see she had already sent the following message:

Y: lol

  "Seriously? We haven't talked in a month and you send 'lol'?! That's so...so...bland!" I sarcastically but seriously said.

  My phone buzzed again. And again. And again.

T: Lol
T: Hey, we should start hanging out again
T: I miss your snarky remarks on what I say

  I blushed a little, and Katelyn saw it too.

  "Oooo~ What did he send?" She asked.

  I repeated all three of the messages and Katelyn began to laugh. At me.

  I pouted. "That's not fair."

  "You still love Travis! It's totally obvious!" She laughed.

  "I never said that!" I defended.

  "But you blushed when he asked to hang out again!" She said.

  "GIRLS! WHAT'S GOING ON IN THERE?" Aph yelled at us...again.

  We tried to hold in our laughter, but couldn't. We burst out laughing, just like old times.

  Just like old times.....