"No Harry, I'm not a spy." It was funny how Louis knew exactly what he was thinking. Harry burst out laughing and the shyer boy joined in not much later.

"Now that we've got that cleared up!" Harry's face was red from laughing. His chest hurt from the heavy breathing and he was lightheaded for the same reason. It wasn't even that funny, Louis just made it so much more hilarious.

"I find it cute that you find me funny." The smaller boy admitted.

"Did you just call me cute?" Harry smirked.

"No, I called your action cute."

"No, you just called me cute."

"I said it was cute that you found me funny." Louis tried to frown, but it turned into a little pout. "I never said you were cute."

"I think you just called me cute." Harry smiled, showing the little dimples on his cheeks.

"Fine, whatever"

"If it means anything, I think you're pretty adorable." Harry was being a cheeky bastard and he knew it. He wasn't usually like this. He believed in positivity, but he never was the 'spread love' kind of person. Being around Louis gave him a sense of confidence. It was like a high. A Louis high.

"Well, we can all have our opinions..." Louis started, shrugging sarcastically. "But you're wrong."

Harry wasn't sure how the other boy managed to shrug so sarcastically, but his words made Harry lose it. A small giggle came bubbling out of his mouth, quickly turning into another fit of laughter. Louis caught the infectious laughter, and they rolled around the floor together. It wasn't even that funny, but Harry felt like he was high on laughing gas. Louis just had that effect on him.

Hours flew by like minutes when Louis was around. It was an immediate comfort to Harry, and he wasn't usually one to trust people. It was odd how Harry didn't even hesitate to call him adorable. To anybody else, he would've been embarrassed out of his mind, but it was so easy to laugh when he was with Louis.

They were sitting on the floor of Harry's room, sitting on a rug like children even though there were plenty of chairs around. There was just something about the colourful thread that felt right in this situation. They traded stories, and for knowing each other for such a short amount of time, it was oddly personal.

The high was over. It was a low energy environment, but both boys were okay with that. They spoke to each other quietly, and the words that were spoken were accepted. There was no tension, no judgement. Harry's room was no longer just his room. He felt safe and at home, the faint smell of smoke still lingering.

"You know, I haven't laughed that hard in a long time." Louis let his words hang in the air. They got quickly received by Harry, who was lying on his back, face to the ceiling. His one knee was in the air, bent with his foot on the ground. His other leg was crossed over it, hanging over to the other side of his body. He could see Louis' sitting figure in his peripheral.

"I can fix that for you." Harry didn't dare say it, but he hadn't felt this happy in a while.

"You already have," Louis said slowly. Harry shot up from his position on the floor, not really listening to what Louis said.

"No I mean, I can fix that, forever." Harry was now vigilant, staring at Louis.

"What? Harry, you're kind of scaring me. That's kind of something a murderer would say." Louis bit his lip as Harry shot him a dirty look. "Just saying."

"It's okay, don't worry about it." Harry didn't know what came over him, just an overwhelming surge of feeling. He wasn't sure what feeling.

"What? Okay.." Louis stared with a very confused and slightly offended look. Harry sighed in relief as a tune filled the room from his phone ringing in his pocket. He excused himself quickly and stepped out of the tense room.