chapter 34

she knows I think, she fucking knows.

The exact same thought must cross Shawn's mind because he shoots me a trouble a panic-stricken look and swallows. I can't think of a more awkward time to be confronted all about this. I just got home, im sweaty as hell and I am in desperate need of a shower.

"how did you get that?" I stutter. staring at my top

"well about an hour ago I got a call from Ethan" she states, glancing between the two of us, so I try to look nonchalant. I try to look like I didn't stay with your boyfriend the whole of last night and we slept together.

"you know Shawn, I am getting really sick of other people talking to me about us hooking up because half the bloody time it is not even me! Ethan asked if I had a good night and then said I left behind my top. so I went over and picked up whatever was left last night and I swear that I saw you wear that top last night while you were dancing alone in front of the stage with your shoes in your hand" she hisses. my heart completely stops beating now, I feel like I am going to pass out.

"But... but Shawn is my stepbrother?"

"stepbrother? yes I know, I am not dumb. I spent the whole morning arguing with myself about it. I was like they are so totally related but... I have watched clueless before when Cher falls for her stepbrother? ya know? Im not as stupid as you might think"

This is it. this is what getting caught feels like, and it sure sucks. I don't think me and Shawn ever prepared ourselves properly for what would happen if we were ever found out but both I and he are now speechless and utterly lost for words. Even though Caitlins is really dumb she is smart enough to work things out.

"Ellie? are the rumours about you and Liam hooking up true?" she is crying angry tears, the worst kind.

"no" I whisper shaking my head and looking down at my trainers. I feel so incredibly guilty.

"it was you! the girl who was pictured by the photographers" she says and I feel like everything inside my body has shattered into a million pieces. I refused to ever be a cheater, especially when I had the experience of someone doing it to me. It hurt like a bitch and I remember lost and broken for so long and all I want to do right now is give Caitlin a hug as I know exactly how she is feeling.

"you're a liar!" she screams bursting into even more tears, really hamming everything up

"I know,"I say back my voice cracking. I don't want to be here anymore. I want to be at home with dad and Freya. I want to be sleeping in until noon and be binge-watching episodes of PLL and TVD with a big bowl of popcorn on my lap surrounded by my big fluffy blankets and be sitting next to the people I love. I do not want this.

"im a liar, a bitch and an awful person who doesn't deserve to be live." I weep. I am now crying now. all the emotion ha got to me and all I want to do is get the hell out of here.

but, out of nowhere, Shawn steps out from behind me and steps forward to Caitlin and clears his throat.He has been silent for a while and it does make me wonder exactly what he is preparing himself to say. He folds his arms over his body and he looks utterly pissed off, then that is when he opens up his mouth and says

"you know what Caitlin? I have had enough. I have wasted 2 years of you blackmailing me into staying with you and I cannot stand to it for a second longer. Do whatever you want, tell whoever you want because having you keep a secret is not worth the effort it takes to be with a mean manipulating, bitch like you" his voice is powerful and bunt and it makes even me scared to be in Caitlin's shoes.

"we are done, Caitlin. we are over. I do not care what you know, do whatever you want with it, I don't care I am done, so get out of my house before I call my security guard to come over." I certainly did not expect this, Just the other week, he was claiming it was impossible to ever break up with her because he didn't want her spreading any rumours, that could impact his music career which sounded stupid the least to say but it was important to him. 

but now it seemed like he does not care anymore and just wants to get away from her. Perhaps being in a relationship with her is worse than having his life messed with.

"this is all your fault!" Caitlin screams at me. he voice is so strained and he body is so tense that it looks like she is gonna leap and pounce on me attempting to rip my head off, so I subconsciously take a step closer to Shawn hiding behind his shoulder peering over to she Caitlin in an awful looking state.

I feel worse than I have ever felt before. I stole her boyfriend. Unintentionally ut still. Shaking my head I step out toward her again. No matter how many hurtful comments she's thrown my way. I am still drenched in guilt. "Caitlin, I never meant-"

Shan holds up a hand to silence me. "Caitlin get out of my house now. we are done " with a callous shrug he points to the loft door and gives her the cruel eyes. He is being so harsh about it and I feel terrible for my actions and for Caitlin which is never something I ever thought I would say. I would give her a hug right now like a friend would as I didn't mean for anyone to get hurt.

frustrated and crying even harder, she throws her hands into her hair and pulling at her scalp, she screams "but you Can't break up with me!"

He laughs, Shawn actually laughs at her. I don't know if he has fully processed everything that has happened in the last 10 minutes, the fact that she knows our secret and has every reason to tell it to the world.

"because I will not be there to make you cool? because you won't get to control me and use me anymore for your popularity?"

"because I'm PREGNANT, Shawn!"

***

new chapter will be out soon!!! Xx