×x Chapter 29 x×

By such popular demand...I am releasing the next chapter early😁 In this chapter I have a point of view change because I thought it would be fun to write so I hope you enjoy this chapter and don't forget to vote xx

***

"Err, let's go get an ice cream sundae" she completely ignored what I just said. She must just not want to say in public, I understand that but why would Lana and Caitlin be with each other? They hate the very sight of each other??

***

"The guys are on their way up," Madeleine tells us without glancing up from her phone. She texts someone-presumably one of the guys-while scooping up a mouthful of ice cream at the same time, her eyes never leaving the device in her hands.

"They've finally decided what's happening on Saturday."

"What's happening on Saturday?" I blurt, my curiosity getting the better of me once again, Madeleine's eyes flicker up from her phone as she swallows the ice cream she's just piled into her mouth. She stares at me for a long moment before she glances across the table to Lana.

"Is she serious?" "The annual school beach bash," Madeleine says slowly, her eyes fixed on me as her spoon hovers above her brownie. She twirls it around in a circle.

"The biggest and hottest party of the summer."

"Oh," I say. Quickly, I take a massive spoonful of cookie dough ice cream and plunge it into my mouth.

"They get a permit and shut down one half of the beach," she explains, although I'm not all that interested in the exact details and I don't exactly know who "they" are.

"Everyone goes. you can't drink while you're there because it's a public place and all. Unless you want to get arrested, which a lot of people do."

"So," lana cuts in, without missing a beat, "you get drunk before you go. Just don't get, like, wasted or anything, because you'll draw attention to yourself and you'll end up getting kicked out for being a minor." Maddy places her phone down on the table and draws her sundae toward her, slowly scooping up some more ice cream. She smiles as she throws me a peculiar glance and says,

"I don't think we'll have to worry about Ellie getting wasted." I press my lips together and narrow my eyes at her, slightly offended, as she and Lana stifle a laugh.

"What's that supposed to mean?" madeleine's smile grows into a small smirk as she exchanges glances with Lana. She holds her spoon up to her lips. "

You're just not very . . ." I gnaw at the insides of my cheeks as five million words run through my head all at once. Not very cool? Popular? Sociable? Pretty? In other words, not very like them?

"you just a lot more mature and less reckless than the rest of us" lana answers Oh, Ladies, I think, I can assure you I am pretty damn reckless. If only they knew. Thats when I decide to repeat my question earlier and see if I can get a response.

"what were you doing with Caitlin on Tuesday night Lana?" I fold my arms and stare straight into her blue eyes. there was no way she could back out the conversation now.

"Tuesday?" her voice is something between a whisper and a squeak.

"well I was trying to get a summer job at that cafe we like but unfortunately it took a turn for the worst as Caitlin decided to apply for the exact same post." im shocked by her answer.

"Eugh..fine.I will tell you what happened"

Lana's point of view and flashback