=Chapter 21=

I can't breathe

"you have a girlfriend Shawn" I manage to muster up. "Caitlin is your girlfriend".

"But I don't want her to be! I don't want her. with everything, she has put me through and how she treats my friends she isn't who she was when we first started dating. she is a distraction and she has a massive ego and I have had enough of her"

"I can't believe I am hearing this"I whisper to my self. I  run my fingers through my hair multiple times before I sit down on the red plush sofa and bury my face in my hands.

I hear his taking a deep breath and then heavily sighing. lowering his voice he says "look...I have said what I have needed to say. you know what I think of you and you have made it certainly clear that you think differently. let's just go." he storms past me both hands in his hair and his jaw is clench and tight and clearly defined as almost it would cut me.

I stand up "wait!" I say. staring at him. I watch him pause by the door but he doesn't turn around only just stands there. his shoulders rising and sinking in sync with his breathing. "you didn't give me the chance to tell you how I feel... your different"

"Different? That all you are going to say?" He takes a step closer to me. I feel my body stiffen.

"You are different to what I would expect to be like," I say, my voice wavering. I bite the inside of my cheek and gnaw at my mouth as I try to steady my tone, to compose myself so that I can muster up coherent sentences.

"I don't understand ellie?" He coughs. his Adam's apple rising in his throat. Something shifts within the flashing of his eyes.

"I always thought you would be quite cocky and a bit dickish because of your fame and success in the industry. I thought people like you were self-centred and only cared about their reputation and fame but I was clearly wrong. I didn't realise it until now"

"I don't really care what you used to think of me as you didn't even know me. You can think whatever you want of me but know I am nothing of what people say"
My eyes narrow into tiny slits as I hold my stare, yet he struggles to hold his. He keeps glancing erratically off to the sides, to the floor, to the ceiling.

"But I now know you! You are caring and sweet and passionate towards others. You care for those around you and you are still kind to those who you dislike."

"Yeah, I am. So what. I am just like any other guy. Whats your point?" He pinches the bridge of his nose.

"Let me finish. I believe you are too kind, You don't realise what people are doing to you though. Those people cause you pain and hurt and you just forgive them for the sake of it when in real fact they betrayed you and your friendship."

"now I am just feeling like a complete moron coming here and telling you that I like you. you could have let me down easier by just saying you don't feel the same way as giving me a monologue of my idiotness is not gonna solve this problem. I like you ellie." the moment the final syllable rolls of the tip of his cute tongue my entire body turns to jelly. He is standing in front of me, a worldwide famous singer-songwriter declaring he likes me even though he is somewhat related to me.

beneath all the madness and reality of life lies attraction. Shawn is attracted to me and I am also very, very attracted to him. the realis=zationake my heart skip beats, my blood running cold as I lift my eyes to his. he is mesmerising, his jaw is perfectly crafted and his plump lips for a beautiful straight smile.

shawn notices my stare boring into him and he looks perplexed. I say, drawing in a sharp and short breath.

"I like you too Shawn, a lot." My words take him back. He slowly turns his body completely around to face me and he removes his hands from his pockets. Utter surprise dominates his expression. His widened eyes meet my gaze from five feet away, and he bites down on his lower lip.