>Chapter 22<

"holy shit!" I say a little too loud

His eyes glance around as though it is the first time he is ever in here but then he snaps his face back to mine.

"the thing is the paparazzi didn't get your face so the fans are coming up with all these guesses to who it might be and worst of all when Caitlin finds out she is gonna slice my neck! she is gonna be so pissed at me" he screams. he was pacing up and down the length of my bedroom with his arms crossed and a really furious look on his face.

"wait so you have not told you fans that you are actually dating!?" I say to him in some quite shock.

"she has wanted me to because she knows she will get loads of attention from it and she will get even more big headed than she is and will probably dump me for someone like who knows...Justin Bieber!" he mutters on. when he says this I feel as though someone has just taken a sharp knife and stabbed right hard in the stomach.

"how? , how did you find out!" I stutter

"Andrew, my manager called me numerous times and he just spent the last half an hour shouting at me asking what the hell I was doing! I fucked up so bad and now I am not gonna hear the bloody end from it from everyone including my friends and my parents and my fans..."

"im so sorry Shawn if would have known what would have happened I would have tried to stop it from happening! im so sorry! im so stupid" I feel a tear run down my cheek.

shawn opens his mouth to speak again, but a sharp drill of his phone in his back pocket cuts him off. I can hear the vibrations through his jeans as he reaches into his pocket. his lips falter into a huge frown when he looks at the screen.

"Caitlin" he murmurs. he looks like he is contemplating declining the call for a moment, but he shakes his head and shoots an apologetic glance,

"Don't be sorry el. I am the one who has dragged you into all of this. im sorry, I gotta talk to her. she will be even madder if I ignore her"

and just like that everything sinks. Everything drowns. My chest almost collapses on itself, tightening in ways unimaginable as I force myself to keep breathing. Anxiety hits me again in one big wave.

"im really sorry. I have to, it would be unfair to her" he whispers. dropping his eyes to the floor, he slowly turns around and leaves. I sit there feeling completely numb while he accepts the call.

"Hey Caitlin" he murmurs just before the door of my room and then his room clicks shut. Shawns voice has no energy or love in it at all, it is lifeless as I am feeling.

***

"Ellie!" my best friend's voice yells ecstatically down the line the next morning. Her tone is so high and so sharp that I have to draw my phone away from my ear for a moment. "Finally!"

"I know, I know." I heave a sigh, which more than likely echoes across the connection.

"I've been so busy."

"You keep missing my calls," Freya states. There's a hint of irritation in her voice, which I can't blame her for. I haven't spoken to her in over a week.

I bite down on my lower lip. Yesterday is what I'm calling to talk to her about, but her question leaves me a little tongue-tied. I somehow manage to muster up a quick, "Good," between several uneven breaths.

"Just good?"

"Well," I say. I bite even harder, my cheeks warming with a rose hue as I stare down at my comforter.