Chapter Seventy-Nine

Start from the beginning

"W-what are you doing," I asked skeptical. He raised an eyebrow at me before handing me a box of Kleenex.

"You're crying," he said. I blinked and that's when I felt a tear slide down my face. I quickly wiped away the tear with my hand. Rossetti tilted his head to the side and eyed me.

"You probably think I'm a big ass baby, huh," I asked.

"Why does it matter what I think," he asked. I looked around the room and shrugged.

"I guess it doesn't," I mumbled. He smiled slightly before taking a cigarette out the pack and lighting it.

"How old are you," the detective asked as he blew smoke my way.

"Barely legal," I answered sarcastically as I fanned the smoke away from me. He raised one eyebrow at me.

"Do you remember some of the names he mentioned," he asked.

"I couldn't forget them even if I tried," I responded. He nodded.

"Shoot," he said.

"Stacy, Walt, Dia, Icy, Jamal, and M," I said reciting the names of the people my brother told me not to trust. Rossetti rubbed his chin.

"It's funny he warned you about them. Half of those names you just said are dead right now. Stacy and Walt were found dead in a warehouse yesterday. As for Diamond and Mel, they committed "suicide" this morning. Who were the other two names," he asked. I swallowed the lump in my throat before answering him.

"Icy and Jamal. My brother's best friend and my best friend," I explained.

"How much do they know about your brother," he asked. I shrugged my shoulders and placed my hand under my chin.

"Jamal only know, I mean knew my brother because of me. They didn't really speak or nothing like that. As for Icy, he knew everything about Darryl. He and Icy were thick as thieves," I said.

"Oh yeah," he asked. I nodded.

"Yea, they were very close," I informed him.

"Did they ever have a falling out," he asked curiously.

"What friends don't? They hated each other one minute then loved each other the next day," I said.

"What about recently? Did something go down with the two of them yesterday or the day before," he asked. I thought about his questioned before replying.

"The day before yesterday, they got into it over some stupid stuff. I think it was about DJ not hanging out with him anymore," I said. Detective Rossetti nodded. 

"Did this Icy guy have access to your house," he asked.

"Yea, I mean why wouldn't he. He's there almost everyday so why not," I said.

"Were the two of you ever alone," he asked. I tilted me head to the side and smirked.

"Wouldn't you like to know," I asked flirting. He chuckled and found my attempt to flirt, humorous.

"You're cute too," he said as he leaned back in his chair. I shook my head. A knock on the door made both of us straighten over posture and position ourselves in a decent manner.

"Come in," Rossetti called out before glancing at me. Mrs. Anna walked in with a warm smile on her face. I looked at her and returned the smile.

"Is everything ok in here," she asked looking directly at me.

"I'm fine," I assured her.