Chapter 7: All Is Fair In Fighting, Except Weapons

Start from the beginning

He shrugged and peaked out the window. “I found you by complete coincidence actually. I did stop by your house but I didn’t see you there.”

“Hunter that’s creepy.” In a weird kind of way it was flattering, but I had to enforce my plans.

“Nah, I just like spending time with you, Cember.” There he goes saying my name like that again. It brought a weird excitement feeling for some odd reason.

“You just want to sleep with me Hunter. Which isn’t going to happen” I told him pointedly.

“For now, but that’s beside the point. What are you doing here?” He relaxed into his seat, as another person walked into the shop wafting Hunter’s scent to my nose. He smelled drool worthy, to die for. His cologne was enough to make you want to be like the Axe or detergent commercials and go sniff him.

“I was bored at home so I decided to come here to have so cocoa. And wait, I saw Tristan and some dude with brown curly hair, but not you.” His smiled spread across his face, like warm butter on toast.

“So you were checking for me?” I glared at him and he continued, “Well I was there.” He reply was too simple for me and did sate my curiosity. I grabbed his hand to gain his attention that once again went out the window. He looked down at our hands and a smiled like the cat on Alice in Wonderland.

“Hunter,” I whined. “What were you guys doing?” His eyes narrowed at me for a second. Not in a rude way, but in an analyzing way.

“Just hanging out, nothing big. My friend just got into town. But you should tell me more about you; I mean we are going to be spending a lot of time together.”

“I’ve known about you since I was in 7th grade Hunter, I know what kind of person you are.”

“No, you know what I’ve done. Not who I am.” Honestly that response got to me. I really didn’t know Hunter. All I knew was that he definitely was a player type and that he did bad things. I didn’t know what kind of person he was. And if this ‘friendship’ and I use that term loosely, is suppose to work then I’m going to have to learn him, and trust him somewhat.

“Then who are you Hunter?” I asked looking him in the eyes. I didn’t realize that I didn’t remove my hand from his.

“Do you really want to know, Cember?” It brought that same shiver down my virgin bones. I don’t know what those shivers were about; I only got them with Hunter. But I needed to get them under control. They made me feel a way that I've never really felt before.

But did I really want to know? I mean I know I was digging myself into a deeper friendship with Hunter, but I think it was worth it. I needed to experience life for myself, even if it’s with the very someone I was told to stay away from.

“Yes.” I replied, short and simple.

“Okay then.”

“You two have been holding hands for like the twenty minutes you’ve been here. I guess she is really yours.” Jeremy said abruptly causing me to rip my hand out of Hunter, to which he shrugged and grabbed the drink from Jeremy’s hands.

“I’m not his. I’m just a friend.” I scolded.

“Hmm, feisty I like it. So the cop’s niece, Hunter? That’s a little sketchy.”

“For the record I met her way before I knew about her Uncle. Since 7th grade, and I didn’t know they were related until like a week or two ago. This is all just a strange occurrence of events, honestly.” He answered sipping on his drink.

“Interesting. What about—” Hunter gave him a pointed look that cut off whatever he was about to say because then it got really quiet. “Oh, well I got to go. The sis will have a fit if I don’t make you two get out, and I don’t close up on time.” He whistled, walking away to grab a rag and start wiping down tables.