Chapter 7: All Is Fair In Fighting, Except Weapons

Start from the beginning

People like them were meant to be together. People like Hunter and I weren’t. We were too different. I'm quiet, he's loud. I keep things to myself; he's honest about what he's thinking.

I looked away from the beautiful couple to glance out the window. I saw someone who I swear looks like Tristan walking with another guy with a mop of dark curly brown hair on his head. I squinted a little more and the Tristan-lookalike flip his blond hair out of his face and I could tell that was most definitely the real him. But who was the guy next to him?

The boy I ordered my drink from sat my hot cocoa on my table, so I turned away for a second to thank him, and when I look back they were gone. Where could they have gone that fast? Hunter wasn’t there, and I don’t think Tristan likes me very much from the short period of time I was with him; although he was sleepy. So I couldn’t ask. It wasn’t my business anyway, but I couldn’t help but be a little nosy.

When I looked back up, the guy was still there. He had a short buzzed haircut and one of those ‘bad boy’ smiles. His nametag read ‘Jeremy’. I gave him a small appreciative smile, because he didn’t have to bring my cup over. Honestly I don’t know why he was still here.

“So, what’s your name?” He asked looking into my eyes. His eyes were a blue-greenish color and he had one of those comfortable with himself vibes to him. I opened my mouth but nothing came out. Honestly I didn’t expect him to ask me that. I mean I’m not ugly but I was just caught off guard.

“I’m Dece-December.” I held out my hand to shake his and he took into his bigger one and softly placed a kiss onto it.  I could feel my eyes widen.

“I’m Jeremy; it’s nice to see such a beautiful face at this time of the day.” If his words were any sweeter I would get a cavity right now. But I could tell that line from anywhere. It sounded like something Hunter would say.

“Jeremy stop harassing that girl and get back to work,” laughed the Hispanic girl, while the blond guy just laughed.

“Hope to continue seeing you around beautiful” He shot me a wink and started to back up; when he did he bumped into a calculating Hunter.

The new guy, Jeremy beamed a wide 400 watt smile at Hunter which made Hunter’s mouth twitch up at the side a bit till it turned into a smile.

“Hunt, it’s been so long. Where’ve you been?” Jeremy gave him the man hug thing and stepped back.

“Staying low, her Uncle wants to put me in jail for just being myself.” When Hunter said ‘her uncle’ he flicked his head in my direction.

I could see Jeremy’s eyes light up in distaste. “Oh,” he replied.

“Besides, she’s mine. I would have to fight you and you don’t want that again.” Hunter told him his hazel eyes glowing with excitement. But I wasn’t his. There was no need for that. Besides Jeremy wasn’t even my type. Did I even have a type?

“That was one time, and I was drunk! You cheated!” Jeremy laughed one dimple on his left cheek showing.

“You know our rules. All is fair in fighting, except weapons.” Jeremy glared at him before returning to his post in the back of the counter. I looked back up and there was Hunter, smiling down at me with all his teeth showing. His outfit changed from earlier. He was now wearing an all black ensemble; it looked like it was meant to be stealthy, secretive. He even had on those black thief gloves. Or maybe I just watch too many movies.

He took a seat next to me waiting for me to say something. I narrowed my eyes and said “Hunter, I’m not yours. But that’s beside the point. How did you find me? Are you stalking me?”