Ch.14 Friend or Foe?

~~*~~

I stand there frozen, watching everyone’s every move, which was sort of weird because they were observing my every move.

Even my group of “friends” has paused their movements to look at me. Melody and Miranda had put on a look of disgust when they saw me, but they quickly masked it with a poker face. I look away, knowing I wouldn’t be able to control myself if I keep on staring at them.

“Jade, let’s go inside,” Kai gently tries to coax me inside.

I ignore him, as usual, and continue to stay frozen in my spot. Unable to move, do anything.

“This is exactly what happened at the restaurant last time,” Kai grumbles under his breath, but I hear him and it jolts me out of my state.

I definitely didn’t want this to go how it did last time. Just standing there, while I get bashed into a pulp by my friends in front of many cameras? No thank you. I slowly start unfreezing myself a little at a time.

“Is there a problem?” I ask coolly to the bodyguards that were having a hard time keeping out my friends.

I could feel Kai and the rest of EXO’s nervous stares on my back. They probably thought that I would mess up again, but I wouldn’t let that happen.

“Sorry about this. We told these fans that their tickets have been voided, but they won’t take our word and keeps on insisting that they come in,” he replies his voice sounding a little bit strained.

“What do you mean our tickets are void? They are V.I.P. tickets. We don’t deserve to get treated this way! A friend of ours who’s in the show gave it to us personally!” Melody screams in frustration.

Everyone watches this unexpected drama that is unfolding in front of us.

“You didn’t need to come out, we had this covered,” the other bodyguard adds kindly.

“Actually, I do. It’s my business. Sorry about them,” I apologize.

The bodyguards look at me in surprise and curiosity.

“Jade. Maybe it’s not a good time to be out here, let’s go back in, please?” Kai begs pulling my arm.

I don’t answer, but fix my eyes on my friends. Melody and Miranda are going berserk trying to get into the concert, while the boys and Odilia are standing in the back awkwardly, obviously uncomfortable.

As Kai’s jerk on my arm becomes stronger and stronger, I quickly pull my arm back so he doesn’t have a hold on it. I guess I threw him off balance more than I thought I would because he went stumbling backwards where Suho catches him. My eyes widen in shock and in apology as I scan him once over to make sure he’s okay.

“I was the one that gave them the tickets,” I announce finally, giving in to many curious stares.

“Oh.” One of the bodyguards reply.

“We’re so sorry Jade! We didn’t know. We’ll let them in right now,” The other bodyguard apologizes profusely, looking flustered.

He quickly gets Miranda’s claws off himself and the other bodyguard does the same looking dazed.

He swiftly moves toward the gate like border, while Melody and Miranda smirks.

“Actually no,” I quickly interrupt along with Kai.

The bodyguard stops his movements and slowly turns to me in confusion.

“I was the one who voided the tickets,” Kai explains.