Ch. 10 Them

~~*~~

Is this what those people in dramas have to go through? What the main character goes through? I always thought that living a drama would be fun, great, exhilarating, romantic, etc. But, I never thought I would be feeling dread. I always thought that dramas were dramas and timings couldn’t be as perfect as it was showed in dramas, but I guess I was wrong. 100% wrong.

Currently, I was gawking at the situation that unfolded before my eyes. My friends were all looking at me in shock and hurt. The paparazzi were typing things on their smart phones, observing the situation, and taking as much photos as they possibly could. My sisters and brother were squirming in their seats. They were obviously wanting to do something, but not knowing what to do.

All of this meant that I held all responsibilities of what would happen tonight. I couldn’t let Kai or any of my siblings save me this time.

I opened my mouth to say whatever my mouth would say-I had no idea what I had to say, but was leaving it all to my mouth, and my brain.

“Your order of Shrimp Florentine Pasta, Fried Calamari, Bianco Pizza, and Garlic bread is here. Would you like anything to add?” A waiter asks our table as he put the dishes on the table.

I start laughing uncontrollably. The situation was too hilarious! There had been thick tension and suspense in the room, but this very clueless waiter just came up to us and asked us if we would like anything else. This waiter had saved me from whatever I was going to say.

Kai hug me to calm me down, but I just kept on giggling. Krystal and Jessica seem frozen in their spot, just watching me laugh and clap my hands like a retarded seal.

When I finally catch my breath, which took some time, the waiter had already left thanks to Jessica. The paparazzi and my friends, I guess they got bored watching me laugh and clap like a retarded seal, because they were eating their food and talking quietly.

I breath in and out, trying to even out my breathing. Luckily it didn’t take long for my breathing to return back to normal.

I quietly grab my eating utensils and start to eat. My siblings had already started eating- I know, you could totally feel the love right? The atmosphere was full of tension and was really awkward. Everyone was eating quietly, even the paparazzi.

Krystal and Jessica were glaring at me and silently giving me the “well-talk-to-them-they’re-your-friends” look, while Kai was too busy wolfing down the delicious meal.

I lost my appetite, so even though the courses were my favorite food, I didn’t eat as much. I was currently busy picking at my food.

Out of the blue, Kai says really loudly,

“STOP PLAYING WITH YOUR FOOD!”

I, as well as others, were jolted out from our dazed state, by Kai’s sudden outburst.

“Food is to eat. Not to be played with. Especially good food. And this is good food!” Kai said stubbornly.

Everyone laughs at his immature explanation. Then it turns awkward again. I went back to picking my food.

“Gosh! Talk to them already!” Jessica says.

I think she got really fed up with the awkward silence. She always hated awkward silences.

“Go on, Jade,” Krystal encourages.

I sigh.

“So, what do you guys want to talk about?” I ask stupidly to my friends.

This breaks the silence.

“Are you serious? You’re asking us about what we should talk about?” Melody snaps.