jackson whittemore

jackson had liked you for a pretty long time but he would never admit it for two reasons

jackson had liked you for a pretty long time but he would never admit it for two reasons. one, even though he was the most popular guy in school, he was very scared of rejection. and two, you were his best friend and he was scared of losing you.

so he decided to talk to other girls to get his mind off of you. day by day you two seemed to drift further apart as he started to avoid you.

but little did he know, he was hurting you more than words could explain. the constant ignoring you for other girls and seeming to never have time for you anymore really hurt.

you knew that enough was enough and decided to confront him.

you continuously knocked on his door until he eventually opened up. "y/n? what are you doing here, it's late."

"i came to talk to you. you know, unless you don't have time for me like you apparently haven't for the last few weeks."

jackson moved to the side to let you in. "uh yeah, come on in."

after a few moments of silence, you spoke up. "are you doing it on purpose?"

"doing what?"

"constantly flirting with girls in front of me, acting like i don't exist."

jackson looked at you confused. "what are you talking about." he knew exactly what you were talking about but he never thought you would confront him on it.

"don't act stupid. for the past few weeks you've avoided me, ignored my texts and calls and have just acted like you don't know me anymore." you couldn't help but let a tear fall. "do you know how bad that hurts?"

his face softened and he kneeled down beside you. "i never meant to hurt you, y/n. it's just.." he trailed off.

"it's just what?"

he sighed knowing he had to tell you. "it's just that i really like you. and i don't mean as a friend. i mean i think i'm completely in love with you and i knew that a girl like you could never want a guy like me."

"what do you mean a guy like you?" you asked.

"y/n, i'm mean. i'm a horrible person who only cares about himself. you're the sweetest girl i've ever met who cares about everyone and would stop at nothing to make sure that everyone is okay. you could never like someone like me."

you leaned in and planted a soft yet passionate kiss on his lips. "well jackson, i happen to like you very much."

~~~

guys!! i'm meeting gaten matarazzo and sadie sink in march (dustin and max from stranger things if you didn't know) i'm so happy!