288 He Sees Your Scars For The First Time And Breaks Down

Harry: Harry never knew about your cutting. It had simply been something he never suspected you of doing. You did a really good job of hiding them though, wearing long sleeves or covering them up with makeup when it was too hot to go outside. You thought you were doing a pretty good job, but today you accidentally forgot to cover up. You and Harry were walking hand in hand to the little diner down the street. He had the weekend to himself and just wanted to spend it with you. No interruptions, no fans, just the two of you. As you were sitting at the table, he had his hands enveloping yours and was staring deep into your eyes. The food came and eventually you had to let go of his hands. "Harry," you chuckled, pulling away so you could eat. He chuckled and let go, going to reach for the salt. Unfortunately, that's when he noticed. Your arm was still on the table and the scars you had forgotten about were in clear view. Without thinking he grabbed your arm and held it up to examine them. "(Y/N), you didn't," was all he said. This evening had just gone from perfect to ruined in about 5 seconds. His eyes started to water and even though he tried to speak, he just couldn't get the words out. He looked at you and hid his face in his hands. You knew he was crying by the way his shoulders shook. "Harry, I'm so sorry. I never wanted you to find out this way." "Did you want me to find out at all? Because there's old and new there. It looks to me like you were never going to tell me," he said, slightly looking up from his hands. "I don't know Harry! I didn't want you to find out and leave. Nobody wants a girl with scars..." You had to whisper the last part, to ashamed to look him in the eyes. "You thought I would leave you?" he asked, his face turning from sadness to surprise and sympathy. You hesitated for a few seconds before nodding your head. "Sweetheart," he sighed, getting out of his seat and coming to kneel in front of you. "I would never do that. Even though I'm upset you didn't come talk to me first, I'm not going to leave you to deal with this on your own. I love you sweetheart, nothing will change that. But can you please promise you'll talk to me?" He looked up at you with pleading eyes. You couldn't say no. "I promise Harry," you whimpered, throwing yourself into his arms, not caring what other people thought. He gripped onto you tightly, not wanting to let go. You forgot about dinner, paid the bill and made your way home. All you wanted was to be in Harry's arms and that's exactly what he gave you. From that day forward, Harry did everything he could to help you and not once have you even thought about picking up a razor. You did it. For yourself and for the love of your life.

Liam: You were in a blind rage. The twitter hate wouldn't stop and you just needed an outlet. So, you cut. You made three new gashes before cleaning them up and going downstairs. Liam was relaxing on the couch watching the soccer game and you went to sit next to them. You had put on a long sleeve sweater so Liam couldn't see the cuts. He never knew you did that. If he found out he would be devastated and you couldn't do that to him. He had never done anything to make you feel this way. You feared that if you told him, he would feel it was his fault. You simply couldn't do that to him so you kept it a secret. As you sat down next to him, he looked up and smiled, opening an arm for you to cuddle up next to him. You curled up into the side and watched the game in silence. You soon found yourself drifting off and eventually, you fell fast asleep. About an hour later, you were woken up by Liam gently, but frantically shaking your shoulder. "What Li?" you grumbled. "(Y/N), you're bleeding," he said, frantically. Your eyes shot open and immediately traveled down to your sleeves. You could see blood lines leaking through your cream colored sweater and mentally cursed yourself for not wrapping them up. "Shit," you whispered, getting up and making a beeline to the bathroom. You stripped off the sweater and ran your arm under the cool tap water. Liam followed soon after, obviously concerned. "Hey, you okay?" he asked, not noticing the distinct, human-made cuts on your wrist. But it didn't take him long to figure it out. "No, you didn't." He was automatically in denial. "No, of course you didn't, you're too beautiful. You would never do this, you're smarter than this." The minute those words left his mouth, you felt a pang of guilt. "Liam..." "No, this was all an accident, you didn't-'' "Liam, stop!" you cried. "I did it okay? I'm sorry! It wasn't your fault I swear! I'm not as strong as you think!" you cried more, watching his face going from denial to shock and sadness. "No," he whimpered, taking you in his arms. "No, no, no, no, not you. Not my angel. Not my (Y/N)." You sobbed into the crook of his neck as he did the same. You couldn't believe you caused this much pain. "I'm going to help you (Y/N), but you have to want to help yourself." You nodded your head vigorously. "Yes, Liam, I want to get better, I want to be happy." "Good, because I don't know what I'd do without you." "Thank you so much Li. I love you more than I can explain." "I love you too angel."