147. you two are friend and have a moment part 2 (his POV)

Harry: "Er..." I look back down at the magazine quickly, I can feel my cheeks are hot. Her eyes are on me, her pretty eyes. I'd never realized just how nice they are up close before, I'd also never realized how long and soft her eyelashes looked or how soft her skin looks...No! She's my best friend, I shouldn't be thinking like this. I never had before, but now..."Harry? Next question? Hellooo?" she nudges my shoulder and her simple touch gives me chills. "Right, um, do you prefer the bold look or the casual look?" I read, training my eyes on the magazine. I'm afraid if I look up at her I might just lose it and kiss her. I don't want to mess up our friendship, she means too much. Breaking my promise to myself, I look up at her. I regret it, but not really. She's biting her lip in thought, but her eyes are trained on me. "You're not thinking about the quiz question, are you?" I ask softly, closing the magazine and placing it beside me on the sofa. She shakes her head and her eyes meet mine once more. I was always one to take risks, I was always one to listen to my heart and not my head. So, I lean close and my lips meet hers. And she doesn't pull away--she kisses me right back. 

Niall: The back of the car suddenly seems really small. I suddenly realize how close (Y/N) is to me. Her dress is a little short and her bare thigh is pressing against my jeans. Moments ago this was no big deal, two best friends. We've seen each other at our best and worst, we've always just been friends. I watch from the corner of my eye as she brushes powder on her nose. She really doesn't need any make-up, when I told her that I meant it. I want the car to arrive at the studio soon so I can get out. It's so hard to fight the urge to kiss her and hold her, especially when she's so close and we're both alone in the backseat of the car. "Did I get eyeliner on my face?" she asks, frowning and looking at me for a response. I look at her and freeze. My eyes roam the curves of her face, outlining her features. "Niall? Is that a yes?" she asks, waving her hand in front of me. I realize I've zoned out and quickly snap out of it. "You're good," I mumble, turning my eyes back to the window. Better than good, she looked amazing. "Niall, why are you acting so...cold? Usually you can't stop talking," she zips her make-up bag shut and her voice is filled with sadness. I feel guilty for making her think that and feel that way. "Not at all, I just..." I try to explain without actually explaining, but I don't have to because she reaches out and places her hand on my cheek, forcing me to look at her. "You just?" she asks, even though she must know the answer. "I just...this," I breathe, leaning over and closing the distance in between, my lips finding hers. 

Liam: I quickly adjust the green bike, watching her from the corner of my eye. Something in the air had changed, I could just feel it. I wondered if she'd felt it, too. (Y/N), well she was my best friend. We'd been through so much together, you know? I'd never imagined something more, but now that the thought was in my mind...well, it was certainly a pleasant one. "I can't believe I have to wear this helmet! I look terrible," (Y/N) frowns, buckling the silver helmet over her hair. Her hair looks really soft and it's something I'd never quite noticed before. My hand is still warm from where we'd touched moments ago. "No, no. You look beautiful," I say quickly. I've told her she was beautiful so many times before, but this time it was just different. The context felt...right. It was no longer a friendly compliment, it was a more romantic one. She must've felt it, too, because soon we were moving closer and her lips were on mine. 

Louis: As I walk towards my car, my keys dangling from my hands I can feel my heart pounding. I wasn't nervous for the event, it was a small one and we've done so many before. My heart was pounding in a kind of way that gave me butterflies. I'd almost kissed her. I'd almost kissed (Y/N), I almost ruined our friendship. I run my fingers through my hair and sigh. I lean on the door of my car but don't get inside. I needed a moment to collect my thoughts. "Lou! Glad I caught you! You forgot your ticket!" I see her running towards me, her hair flowing behind her like a cape. She's got a small piece of paper in her hand and her cheeks are flushed pink from running. She reaches out and hands me the ticket, the paper sitting delicately in her palm. Maybe she didn't feel the same way, but I had to do this. I had to just kiss her before I changed my mind. I reach out and take the ticket, clasping her hand and pulling her close. She looks surprised but she doesn't pull away, she wraps her arms around my neck and looks up at me, a small smile across her soft lips. "Are you going to kiss me this time?" she asks, a teasing tone to her voice. "I'd be an idiot if I didn't," I reply with a smile, leaning in and doing something I'd been wanting to do for the longest time. Kiss her. 

Zayn: I can smell the sweet floral scent of her perfume. My hands are on her waist as we sway slowly. Her hands are around my neck and I can feel myself getting goosebumps. We're so close that I can see the flecks of color in her irises, I can see the freckles she'd tried to hide with foundation, even though I told her not to because I love them. There are so many couples around us, all dancing in time to the beat. We are among them, but we are not a couple. I pretend for a moment that we are, we're both a couple and we're dancing and later I'll drive her home and we'll kiss and text good night. That tomorrow we'll go to a date to the diner and share a milkshake or something sweet. The song soon ends and she goes to pull away, the crowd has begun to disperse a bit. "Can't we dance to another?" I ask quietly. She looks up at me and a small smile plays at her lips. "We can dance all night," she replies, leaning her head against my chest as another slow song begins to play. "Would you be terribly insulted if...I kissed you right now?" I ask a few moments later, the chorus of 'Kiss Me' is playing and it feels terribly appropriate for how I feel right now. "I'd be terribly insulted if you didn't," she laughs, leaning on her tip-toes so my lips can meet hers.