-11-

Lauren's pov:

I groaned and slammed a pillow over my ringing phone.... I forgot to turn the alarm of for the fucking weekend.

I sat up and pulled out clothes from my bag before going to shower.

"wait...... this isn't my room" it just dawned on me while I was washing my hair and only because my room didn't have a bathroom in it........ oh right I'm at Ashira's.... gods dammit I forgot.

I quickly got done, this was not my house she the wolf could barge in her room whenever she wished and I sure as hell didn't want her to see me undressed.

I had a pair of grey pants and a black T-shirt on me, I had time to dry my hair and brush it knot free, I brought my hair to my nose and smelled it, it was a bit of a rose smell.... I had kind of stole a bit of the wolf's shampoo, I do admit she had a good taste some stuff but shitty for others but let's not talk about that in front of her parents, I want to live thank you.

I pulled on socks and put my phone in my back pocket before leaving the room as I didn't want to sit around in it.... plus, maybe trying to at least get her alpha mother to stop murdering me in her mind.... I know she do from her gaze on me yesterday even if I didn't meet her eyes.

"good morning" I shyly said as I peeked in the kitchen.... just my luck.... it wasn't Mrs. Blackblood, the teacher, but the alpha, Ash.

she didn't face me with her body, only turning her head as her visible eye stared at me.

"morning" she said before going back to what she was doing and looking away as I stood normally, no longer hiding behind the wall. "the others already ate as you should too, even I wouldn't want you to starve, Ashira told me to tell you she'll be in the forest so if you want to do the project then you'll know where to look"

"euh thank you" I scratched my cheek nervously but still sat down at the empty table.

"here" she put a sandwich in front of me "you're so lucky Ashira doesn't want me to deal with the problem between you two" she said, sitting down almost right next to me while I nervously took a small bite of the sandwich, I would have been surprised if she didn't know about that to be honest.

"I will do nothing as there is a lot more at stake then what you know about" she said, taking out a stack of papers from the table drawer I didn't see before and started filling out stuff.

to say it was tense silence would be the understatement of the century. I was fast to finish and excuse myself from the table, putting on my sport shoes and walking out the back door with a sigh when I closed the door.

I looked at the tree and sighed again, walking over and into the forest.

I was kind of fascinated by the view right now, the sun passing through the green foliage that gently rustled, small houses, each a bit far from each other until the trees blocked your view, no matter how long you walked a new house would show up, birds flew around, small flowers covered the ground, rabbits jumped by here and mice ran off there.... everything so full of life and beautiful, like a real life fairy tale almost.... I stopped looking around as a beautiful blue butterfly landed on my hand that was resting on the bark of a tree.

I brought my hand close to me and the butterfly walked to the end of my fingers, like looking around calmly, I stared at its wings motifs and the blue of its wings mixed with purples, lighter blue, black.... like a small ocean painted on its wings.

it took off and my eyes followed its course, left, right, up and down, right up until it vanished between the tree.

"I get that you like the forest?" I jumped a little and laid my hand over my heart.