14: "So Shere Khan and Dumbo walked into a bar."

Start from the beginning

"Ahhh, yo no habla englais," Cyra said as she mocked a Spanish accent. "So sorry, yo no comprendo." 

Green Arrow let out a muffled snort and Batman turned to glare at him before looking back at Cyra. "If any of you make a move to find and fight Red Tornado, you will be off the team." 

"Oh no," Cyra said with fake fear. "Off the Team run by the League, who keeps us in the dark ninety-five percent of the time and the other five percent doesn't let us do anything to help!"

"I have another assignment for this team," Batman changed the subject as a newspaper article opened on a holographic projection. 

"Figures," Cyra scoffed.

 "Gotham mayor by Guerilla Gorilla?" Kid Flash read with doubt evident in his voice. 

"Batman please!" Robin spoke up to his mentor. "Tell us you're not sending us on this joke of an ape chase!"

"I never joke about the mission," Batman emphasized, making Robin shy away. "I've checked the sources, I've studied the patterns—Mayor Hill's encounter was only one in a series of incidents. Aqualad, you and your team will depart of India and check this out."

Aqualad nods in confirmation. 

"Huh, your team," Kid Flash scoffs as he walks by the Atlantean as Cyra hurries out of the room, ready to go beat some butt of the bad guys to let off some steam. 

Cyra plops herself down in her seat in the Bio-ship and sets her chin on her hand silently, which was odd for the Green Lantern. Hal tried to talk to her on the way to the Bio-ship but was ultimately ignored. 

"Aww, is the wittle Lantern pouting because she didn't get to hit some robot?" Wally mocked from behind her, not in much of a better mood then she. 

Cyra ignored him, making Wally narrow his eyes in suspicion before he decided it was best to drop the subject. Captain Marvel got in the ship and took a seat in front of Cyra, giving her a target to glare at.

M'gann steered the Bio-ship out of the Cave and into the sky on the way to India—all while giving Cyra a worried look. 

"You seem distressed," M'gann spoke telepathically to the moody Green Lantern. 

"I guess you didn't need mind reading to know that," Green Lantern turned her head to the window, talking to M'gann without even looking at her. 

"You seem angry. I don't have to read you, it just rolls off you in waves. I get that Red Tornado's betrayal hurt and Batman snapped at you, but I don't think that's what you are angry about." 

"Why don't you just read my mind and find out?"  Cyra snapped as her jaw clenched. 

"You know I don't do that."  Cyra could see M'gann's frown in the reflection in the window. "I am just asking you what is wrong."

Cyra was silent for a moment—both physically and mentally.

"It's my ring." 

M'gann sounded confused, "I thought it still worked."

"It does," Cyra assured her. "But I lost it."

"And got it back," M'gann pointed out. 

"Yeah, but I almost didn't. I need that ring and . . . I don't know what I would have done without it," Cyra confessed. 

"You are a great hero with or without your ring, Cyra.

"That's the thing," Cyra said—sounding lighter, but with a malicious twang to her voice. "I'm not. I'm not a ninja like Black Canary or a super genius like Batman. Without that ring, I'd still be 'ol Cyra Brion who went to school, came home and ate food. 'Ol Cyra Brion with a minimum wage job who died when she was seventy and was forgotten a year after."