The wolf grumbled lowly, looking up through its eyelashes. I took that as a yes.

"Do you remember what you're supposed to do?" I ask him.

The wolf nodded, and I took a calming breath. Arlis was in there under all that fur.

The wolf stood up and licked my neck. I chuckled, shaking my head. This is not a position I thought I'd be in. The wolf rubbed its side against me, walking a couple circles around me.

I stood up and shook my head at the wolf. "Let's just get this over with."

The wolf walked up to me, and pawed at my shirt, running its muzzle under it. I shied away, sticking my hand's out in front of me.

"Let's not rip off my shirt." I laughed half-heartedly. "I happen to like this one."

The wolf growled and I shut my mouth, standing up straighter.

It walked behind me and pushed the back of my knees, making me fall down, but it caught me on its back, slowly letting me lay until I was sitting on my knees again.

I got off but didn't attempt to stand. "Okay then, Arlis. On the ground it is."

It grabbed my shirt with its jaw and pulled, ripping it off, leaving me in a bra that was too revealing for my taste.

The wolf nudged my arm, and I shrugged at him. "I don't know what you—" it lightly took my hand in its mouth and nodded up. "Put it up?" I asked, feeling ridiculous for talking to a wolf. The wolf nodded back and I did what it said. It licked my side and made me twists to the other side, I was extremely ticklish.

He placed my side, just under my rib cage and above my hip, between his teeth and then let go, looking back to me. Was he asking permission?

"Do it." I said less convincingly than I wanted to.

He grabbed my side and bit down hard, making me scream out and bite my lower lip in pain.

I pushed the wolf away from me, backing against the wall, closing my eyes and letting tears stream down my face.

I lightly banged my head against the back wall, scrunching up my face as a liquid dropped down my waist.

I looked down at it and whimpered out. A large bite mark, bleeding, was etched into my skin. My entire side burned, a pain worse than even the wolf attack on my back pulsing through my skin.

The wolf whined and got down as low as it could, slowly crawling to me. I shook my head at it. "No, no don't." But it kept coming anyways, despite my requests, and it made me cry. "No, just stay back. Not another bite. I can't— please."

I looked up as the wolf placed its mouth where the hue was, slowly licking the open wounds that felt worse than a bullet shot.

The wound was cold, going numb and less painful as the wolf licked the bite. It looked back up to me and laid its head in my legs, which were outstretched in front of me.

***

I'm not sure how long we sat in Arlis's Office, silence consuming us. But it must have been long because when Constance came into the room, she said she had to leave real fast to go pick up her little cousin and she wanted me to go with her, I stood up and my legs were numb.