♡ sixteen ♡

third pov.

☆.。.:*  .。.:*☆

'Richie, I guess we could be friends again...'

Those words bounced around in Richie's head. He knew that he was being a dick to Eddie but he wanted to date him. He wanted to kiss Eddie but he knew that Eddie would probably hate that and he would ruin the chance at ever being friends again.

'Well, that's great Eddie! Could we hang out and go do something.' Richie asked. He knew that he probably sounded cringe and that Eddie would say no but it's the thought that counts.
'I would but uhm...' Eddie trailed off. At that moment, Richie knew that something was up but didn't ask.

'Well that's okay, guess I'll see you tomorrow.' Richie waved, walking off.
'But I didn't even say anything.' Eddie replied, confused.
'Well something is happening and I don't want to get in your way, have a nice date with Greta!' Richie yelled out, running to his house.

Eddie wanted to chase after him but Eddie was confused. Eddie wasn't talking or hanging out with Richie so he had no idea how he knew. Eddie knew that he had to go home but he didn't want to. He did want to hang out with Richie but Eddie knew that he had better people to hang out with.

When Eddie got home he saw that his mother was finally out of the house for once. He decided to call Richie and ask if he still wanted to hang out but before he could call Richie he saw a note on the fridge.

Hey Eddie I'm going out for the whole night but I will be back home at 11pm, make sure that you don't do anything that I wouldn't do!
-mum

Eddie was happy that his mother finally was leaving the house for once. Even though she was coming home at eleven he knew that he could have someone over for a bit. He still had Richie's house phone number so he went to call Richie's house.

'Hello....'
'Hi this is Eddie..'
'Oh hey eds! So why are you calling me?'
'My mum is out for a bit, want to come over for a bit?'
'Yeah sure eds, see you in ten.'

Eddie didn't understand why his stomach got butterflies when he invited Richie over. He never felt weird when he invited Bill over so he didn't understand.

After ten minutes Eddie heard someone knocking on the door. When he opened the door he saw the curly headed kid but he swore to god that he did something different.
'Uhm eds, I know that I'm hot but it would be nice if you could let me in.' Richie said. Eddie's checks went bright red and just muttered that he could come in.

When Richie and Eddie went up to Eddie's room they both sat on Eddie's bed.

'I thought your room would of been more messy.' Richie exclaimed.
'You do know that I hate messes and germs right?' Eddie asked him.
'Yeah but, wait never mind.' Richie I'm replied, looking out of the window in Eddie's room.
'What Richie?' Eddie asked softly.
'Like I said, nothing.' Richie shrugged.

Richie changed the subject and the two boys were talking about everything that happened when they weren't talking.

'Wait, why did you start ignoring me?' Eddie asked the boy in front of him.
'Well uhm, I guess I needed to be there for Stan because him and Bill broke up...' Richie replied, trailing off. Richie truly had no idea why he ignored the boy but he felt guilty that he did.

'Eddie, I don't know why I started ignoring you, but-' Richie tried to say but got cut off by Eddie.
'But what? Am I not important to you or something? Am I just a toy to you?' Eddie said, tears starting to form but he wouldn't let Richie see him like that.

'Eddie I'm sorry!' Richie yelled, cupping Eddie's checks. They were dangerously close. But they didn't kiss as Eddie forced Richie's hands off him.
'Get out of my house.' Eddie said in a monotone voice.
'Wait Eds-' Richie tried to fight but got cut off again.
'If you can't tell me why you started fucking ignoring me, get out.' Eddie replied.

Richie truely had no idea why he did so he just said goodbye and left the house, making sure to close the door behind him. While Richie was running home he left like absolute crap and he knew when he finally got home that his parents wouldn't be home or they would ignore him like usual.

When he got home he found the front door open. When he walked in he saw his father passed out on a couch and he couldn't see his mum. He got a couple of packets of chips and walked into his room. He knew that when his father woke up or when his mother came home that they wouldn't check on him. He knew that they thought of him as a piece of shit on their shoe.

Richie couldn't believe that he was going to try to kiss Eddie again. He knew that Eddie probably stopped liking him after what happened.

Before Richie could open a packet of chips he heard a rock hit his window. At first he just thought that he was hearing things but when it happened again he got up to see who it was.

'Stan?'

☆.。.:*  .。.:*☆

! UNEDITED !