49

"Hey wait! We need to talk" Chloë said as she followed Renée to the door.

"No we don't!" Renée said as she rushed to the door. She can't do this, she can't handle this. She had to go.

"Renée, please, just hear me out" she said as she grabbed her arm, that's when Renée realised she was drunk, as her grip was really strong, and her voice persistent.

"I was wrong, Renée. You don't need me, I need you. You were the best friend I ever had. Please, forgive me" Chloë said as her eyebrows furrowed and her lips wobbled.

Renée stared at her.

"You are wrong, Chloë. Nobody needs anybody, all they need is themselves. You don't need me, I don't need you. There's no point bringing in this up again. I have already forgiven you, although I'm not sure about the forgetting part. Anyway, it has been a long time since everything, just move on. Goodbye"

She felt like a hypocrite, telling her to move on, as a few days ago, she was the one who was stuck in a circle of everything wrong, finding it difficult to move on.

Renée considered leaving Chloë somewhere safe as she was drunk but she heard the girls of her squad calling her. Chloë didn't need Renée looking out for her anymore. She couldn't risk more people knowing she was here. She silently crept out of the door, hoping Chloë would forget this encounter until she was sober.