Chapter 15- Can soon come sooner?

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry Chase but there's no time for crying. That bastard assaulted me against my car and when I struggled he said that he wasn't planning on claiming me tonight but if I made him anymore angry, he would."

Just then everyone growls. When I say 'everyone', I mean everyone that is at the pack party.

Well, I guess our secrets out.

Everyone looks as if they're about to shift. I can tell they all want to go find Ryder and personally hand his ass over to him. Treating anyone this way, in any community, Were and human, is not right. At all.

"I'm not done. He got called away on his radio. Before he left he told me that I was to drive to his house and meet him there and if I made any stops he wouldn't have a problem hurting me again to make a point. He then said that we were going away tonight. That it was just us two from now on." I finally finish.

I look around and notice that someone is missing. Carter.

I panic and look around trying to find him. Please tell me he didn't go after Ryder on his own. Please.

"Lane. Baby, calm down." Chase says softly trying to get a hold of me.

"No! Where's Carter?!" I yell out to no one in particular.

"He left." Riley says softly.

"WHAT?! WHEN?! Why didn't you stop him?!" I yell.

Riley knowing that I wasn't really mad at her, just scared for Ryder answers,

"He left as soon as you said 'Ryder' and I didn't stop him because I didn't want too. In fact, I'm wondering why we're all still standing around." She growls out frustrated. Ace wraps an arm around her trying to calm her down and inhaling her scent to try and calm himself down as well.

I huff and turn to make my way back to my car. I need to get to Carter before he gets hurt.

After I take a few steps I see Carter walking up to us, in only a pair of shorts looking heated.

I stumble a little. He's walking ok. That means he's fine right?

I run up to him and engulf him in a hug.

He wraps his arms around me and I can feel him shaking out of anger.

"DON'T YOU EVER DO THAT AGAIN! DO YOU HEAR ME CARTER?! Are you stupid?! I can't lose you! I can't!" I say crying onto his shoulder.

I feel him calm down and sigh. He rubs my back and whispers, "I'm sorry, LC. I just snapped. My wolf snapped. We needed to find him and rip him apart for what he did to you. I'm sorry. Ok? I love you, LC."

I hug him for a good minute then jump down from him and wipe away the tears. "It's ok. I love you to, Carter."

He smiles down at me and then looks behind me.

His face turns serious and he says, "I went to his house and he wasn't there."

"Probably still out on that call LC mentioned." B says.

I look over to Chase to see him nod his head in agreement.

"Alright, pack meeting in five minutes in the movie room. There should be enough room for all of us. I don't want anyone outside. There may be a rogue around and this way, Ryder won't be able to sneak in. Everyone in the house now." He says in his Alpha tone and everyone makes their way into the house.

"Carter, B" Chase calls and motions for them to follow.

B I understand. Probably wanting to know if B knew about Ryder's whereabouts but Carter?