Chapter Two

Draco really should have thought this through better.

He didn't know what compartment Harry Potter was in. He didn't know who he was with. At this point he wasn't even sure how to get back to Pansy and the others. But he had to keep going. He had waited his entire life to meet this kid.

Finally, he heard a voice.

"Wow! You really have the scar?" There. He was in that one. He had to be.

Draco brushed himself off. Did he look okay? He would have to. Oh no, what was he going to say? Would Harry even want to meet a fan? Just do it Draco, he told himself. You'll regret it if you don't.

He took a deep breath and knocked on the compartment door. A Weasley opened it. Draco looked past him and his heart fluttered with excitement. There he was. It was him. Harry Potter.

"Uh, hello?" The Weasley prompted after a long moment of silent staring.

Draco shook his head and looked back to the Weasley.

"Hello. I'm Malfoy, Draco Malfoy. What's your name, Weasley?"

The boy frowned. "How'd you know I was a Weasley?"

Draco raised an eyebrow. Wasn't it obvious? "The hair, the freckles, the clothes, the fact I saw you with the whole clan before you got on the train, do I need to go on?"

The Weasley flushed. "Oh. I'm Ron." Draco hesitantly shook his hand. He tried to discreetly wipe it off on his pant leg. "This is Harry. Harry Potter." Ron gestured behind him to Harry, who stood up and offered his hand with a shy smile.

"Hey," he greeted.

"H-hey," Draco responded. Oh no, he just stuttered. Oh no. Now he looked like an idiot.

"Can you not find a seat either?" Harry asked.

"Oh, no, I'm sitting with my friends a few carriages over. I just heard you were here and wanted to meet you." Stupid Draco, why did he say that?! He should just leave. His face was probably as red as Ron's hair.

Harry himself was bright red too. "Oh. Well, um, hi. Are you a first year too?"

Draco nodded. "I'll be a Slytherin, I have to be. Father and Mother would be disappointed in me if I wasn't."

Harry shrugged. Ron turned to him with a pitying look. "I know how you feel mate, except I have to be in Gryffindor. Although I suppose Ravenclaw wouldn't be that bad."
Ron smiled self-deprecatingly. "I'd never make it into Ravenclaw. I'm not smart."

Draco didn't really know how to respond to that. "Um, sorry?" He tried.

Ron gave him a strange look but shrugged it off. "It's fine. No one can be as smart as Percy."

"Is he the Prefect?"

"How do you know so much about us?"

Draco shrugged. "I told you, I saw you come in. You attract attention, Weasley, you can't help it."

He looked over at Harry who was sitting watching them. He had almost forgotten the boy existed even though he was sitting two feet away. Draco wondered where he learned to do that.

"What about you, Potter? What house will you be in?"

Harry shrugged. "I don't know much about them. I guess I'd be fine anywhere."

Draco nodded. "Well, no offense to Weasley, but I hope you join me in Slytherin. It'll be great."

Harry shrugged again. Despite his words, he seemed to pale at the thought of being in Slytherin. Just great.