♪ 01 ♪

“Alright, Tehun-ah, we need makeup for Suho.” The costume designer calls out.

“Okay, coming right up!” Tehun replies quickly. “Just some finishing touches for tiny eyes over here.”

“Sunbaenim!” Xiumin snaps at her.

“Hey, I’m just stating the truth here, junior.” She giggles as she puts on a bit more blush onto his face then twirls his chair towards the mirror. “Yay, we’re done! Angel’s here and ready to rock the stage.”

He smiles at her through the mirror. “Thanks, sunbae.”

She then nods slightly and moves onto a few next chairs. “Right… Now what do I do with you, millionaire?”

“>.<”

“Aww, just kidding. Come here.” Tehun then moves Suho’s face slightly up. “Hmm, nice hair by the way. They decided to make you go blonde, eh?”

“Ne, new album, new songs, new music video and stuffs.” He shrugs in replies.

She begins to put on a ruby pink lipstick a little just to make his face appear bolder. The gesture makes her snickers a bit. The fact that boys put on lipsticks for perfection on stage just amuses her. Suho raises his eyebrows at her, but then shakes it off anyway. She then puts on blush for a fairly dark shade.

“What’s with frowny face, buddy?” She notices his expression he’s making at the mirror despite her handy work.

“Nah – just worried about the performance. That’s all.” Says Suho as he reaches out for the glass of water in front of the backstage mirror.

“Listen, it’s going to be okay, alright? I mean, yeah, this arena is a tad bit bigger than the normal stages you’ve been on before.”

“A bit? It’s gigantic, noona!”

“Nope, it’s still the same thing, buddy.” She cuts him off. “Don’t worry too much cause if you do, even my makeup skill can’t cover your dark circles.”

*pouts*

“So, what you’re going to do here is just takes three deep breathes and once we finish your makeup session, you’re going to make a statement reassuring the rest of the members, got it?”

“Okay, I’ll try.” He sighs and nods.

Her job working at the SM department on makeup and beauty is quite tricky. When she first got here, it was hard. People treated her kind of harsh, but with the thought that it’s part of process of being employed, she bore through it and it was worth it. They promoted her throughout years.

And of course, she’s been a makeup artist for most of the boy and girl bands in SM, and when they were planning on making up EXO, she got a call and she had to leave Super Junior for them.

“Good,” She then finally puts light eyeliner on his eye to make the shadow more noticeable. “We’re done once again. Junho-shi! Suho’s ready!”

“Nice job.” The hair makeup artist gives her a thumb up as he’s finishing up Kai’s hair. “Well, I’m done, too so, let’s switch places now.”

“Sounds good to me.” Tehun replies and walks away from Suho towards Kai. “Okay, your turn, Jongin-ah.”

He doesn’t reply while he’s scrolling down some website on his smartphone. She's not really the one to take care of his looks, so each time she gets to do so, it's kind of awkward.

Wahhh… A very nice phone actually. If only I can get a new one, by the end of this month, she thought. And without anyway hesitations, she just moves his chair to face her and grabs his face upwards.

“Hey! Oh… Sunbaenim.” Kai then realizes her presence in front of him.

“Yeah, I’m like here for 5 minutes and you’d just saw me. That’s nice.” She scoffs and uses concealer on his dark circles.

“I’m sorry… I’m just –”

“Shh…” She cuts him off. “Save the decent voice for the audience.”

“–.–” He bites his lips – feeling guilty. “Noon –”

“Alright, guys! We’re up in 15 minutes! Let’s go, go, go!” The stage crew comes in and informs everyone about the time.

“Enough for me.” Tehun murmurs to herself – ignoring Kai’s expression towards her. She just keeps doing her job until it’s done. And before he can even say anything again, she calls out for her partner – not knowing that. “Awesome, Junho, The guy looks like a million dollar. He’s finished.”

“Great, now, boys, do your thing and get ready.”

“Umm… Noona, about that…” Kai brings up the topic – hoping that she would listen this time.

“It’s okay, sweetie. I’m just jealous of the phone that’s all. No need to make it a big deal, okay?” She states kindly. “Now, go on. Do your thing.”

He smiles brightly in return and stands up – going towards the group. The twelve boys then do their ritual that they always do before going up on stage.

“Okay, everyone! 5 minutes!”

Tehun just sighs and swipes off the sweat on her head. Man, I’m tired. She’s been standing for a long time actually. She walks towards the couch at the end of the backstage room and lies down as she watches the twelve boys perform on stage through the TV.