[28] Shadow of the Sun

❝ They say that life is always easier

After you left yourself come undone. . . ❞

***quick author's note:***
this chapter is very sad lol I also suggest listening to the song Shadow of the Sun by Max Elto to get a good feel of this chapter lol anyways thanks for reading and hope you enjoy the chapter:)) 

It had been a little over a month since Sara  was brought back, since-...since her entire world was turned upside  down. She had been recovering, at a remarkable speed that the doctors couldn't describe but they didn't need to know how and it didn't matter much anyway. Sara was healing along just fine but today was going to be one of the hardest days of her life. 

Today was the day that they'd bury her father, where she'd have to watch as they put him in the ground..as she had to bury her father and know that she's going to walk the rest of this earth...knowing he's buried under it. And honestly, Sara doesn't know how she's going to do it. She doesn't have the slightest clue at how she's supposed to go on without her dad, knowing he died for her. 

It might look as if she'd been doing okay so far this past week but it's a lie. Her entire being is a lie, she's not fine and she's probably never going to be fine ever again. Her father died and she's all alone in this world now, she's an orphan with no family left. But Sara's father had made Melissa McCall promise to look after Sara, care for her like her own while he's gone. And Ms. McCall was going to keep that promise, since in a turn of events, Sara's father had left Ms. McCall in charge of his daughter, as her godmother. 

So, this past week along with healing, Scott had helped Stiles move Sara's things from her old house to the McCall residence where she now resides for the unseeable future. Stiles and Scott had moved her things, asking her if she wanted anything of her dad's, knowing this was a touchy subject but Sara didn't answer them. She had barley spoken since given the news of her father's passing, she didn't have any words. I mean, what was she supposed to say or do right now? All she could think about was how her entire world shattered and she was now left all alone in the world. 

Sure she still had Stiles and Scott and countless other people but right now... all she focused on was how she lost her dad, her hero and entire world. All she could think about this past week was losing him, how all their happy memories were now going to be just that, memories. She was never going to see him again and their memories were going to be tainted with the fact that he was gone forever.