45.5

FO?

Soundtrack: Treat You Better by Shawn Mendes

- YUAN -

<"Where's June?">

"She's safe."

<"Give her back, Yuan.">

"What if I don't want to?"

<"We're in front of your school and you will take her here. Now.">

"I won't."

<"Polaris is here."> He warns and I know what he means by that.

War.

But I don't care. I know they'll understand.

I stare at June.

She won't understand. Worse, she might even blame herself if the fight between Polaris and Pyxis happened. I don't want that.

"Fine." I say instead and end the call. "Your boyfriend's looking for you. He's in front of Laurent and wants me to take you there." I stop the car so I can face her. "But I don't want to give you back to him. I don't want to see you hurting anymore, June."

"Y-yuan..."

"This is it, June. I'm choosing C and it's you June. I'm falling in love with you and I can't fucking help it anymore." I run my hand through my hair and take a deep breath. "There, I said it in the language you'll understand. I know I shouldn't feel this way, I fucking know that this is wrong, but when I'm with you it just feel so fucking right."

I sigh again. I'm so fucking nervous but I did it. I fucking confessed.

I know this isn't the best time to confess but if I won't tell her now baka hindi ko na masabi sa kanya. It's now or never.

"You know how much I love him..." is her only answer.

"I know and I don't care." And it hurts like hell, "I can take you home now if you want. I can take you anywhere but there, June. Don't go back to him and just stay with me. I can't let him hurt you again."

"You need to give me back to him, Yuan. Please..."

I look at June in disbelief but she's staring outside the window. I feel desperate. Gusto ko na siyang ilayo sa lugar na 'to at 'wag ng ibalik pa kay Jacin. He just doesn't deserve her. "Why do you want to go back to him when I can take you away?"

"Makikipag-break na ko sa kanya bukas."

I almost froze at her answer.

I don't expect that.

She says it herself, she loves Jacin so much.

I stare at her again. She's on the verge of crying.

I don't wanna fucking see her cry again.

Pero bukas siguradong iiyak ulit siya.

Fuck.

"Fine..." I say finally, "But I won't make it easy for him."

~*~

It hurts.

It hurts to see June crying like that. She's fucking hurting and I can't fucking do anything about it.

I want to hug her, kiss all her pain away but I couldn't. Hindi ako ang kailangan niya and that hurts like hell too.

The night is dark but I can still clearly see June's change of emotions. Nang payungan ko siya, nang makita niya si Roxy at nang mawalan siya ng malay.

It fucking hurts.

"June! Oh God! June!" Roxy yells as June fall in his arms.

Dinala agad namin siya sa pinakalapit na ospital. When the doctor assures us that she's fine and stable bumalik ako ng amusement park.

A few days ago, nag-chat sa'kin si Roxy na uuwi raw siya dito sa Pilipinas for Christmas vacation. He told me not to tell June because he wanted to surprise her. I told him that he should go straight to the amusement park because June would be there.

One time when June and Roxy were video calling, I heard June saying something about the amusement park as one of her most favorite place in Galax City and I just knew. I just fucking knew she'd be there.

Like I know Jacin's still there.

The park is about to close when I get there.

Finding him is easy. He's at the back of the set up stage near the Ferris wheel, standing still and staring blankly at the ground.

"From now on, please stay away from June." I say to him calmly.

His gaze shifts to me, eyes are teary.

"I'm not in the position to say this but you have to stay away from her, Jacin. She took the courage to set you free and hurt herself in the process. If you care for her even the slightest bit, don't go near her again. If you do, you're just gonna end up hurting her more."

He doesn't say anything but both his hands clench into fists.

"She wanted you to be happy with Ayu. June knew you still love her. Ayaw na niyang maging hadlang sa inyong dalawa. That's how much she loves you, Jacin and I really want to punch you in the face right now." kumuyom din ang mga kamay ko. We both want to punch each other right now, but we won't. June wouldn't want that. "June deserves to be happy. So please let her go."

His teeth are gritting but he still doesn't say a word.

I leave the amusement park without looking back.

I'm an asshole but right now, who cares?