Chapter Twenty-Eight

T'ara

T'ara fingers tightened around the man's arm, dragging him toward the backside Lord Thad manor where there was a small dungeon. She made it to the wooden steps and shoved him forward, casing him to stumble down a few steps. Halfway down, Jon turned, trying to reason with her not to turn him in, his green eyes pleading for her to listen has he held out his hands, trying to appear harmless. He was lengthy, though he stood slouched with a heavy fur cloak. T'ara couldn't afford to sympathize with the man, finding his circumstances something he'd have to figure out alone. She wouldn't harm him but she wouldn't help him escape.

He wouldn't move and she pointed down the stairwell, with a bored look on her face. "Walk," she ordered, stepping down to pressure him to move.

He motioned down, sideways, still trying to bargain. "Do you even care to know of my name?" The man continued. "You could be claiming the wrong man."

She closed the distance between them, startling him as he nearly tripped but she grabbed him by the cloak. "You are Jon," she said, as his brows lowered in defeat.

He looked astonished by her accuracy sense she never asked or seen him before. Jon tried to shrug away. He reached fairly taller than T'ara, but she handled him as if he was size of a child. It brought on a discomforting feeling, being seen as less masculine.

   "I have no quarrel with you." Jon went back to bargaining again. "Leave me to depart and I will owe you my life."

   T'ara shook her head finding him foolish to think she had any control. They were already inside of the manor. Sacrificing him would play a bigger part in destroying Lord Thad and his king all at once. If Lord Thad wanted the man here, it meant he was of favor.

"Bring him back up," a man's voice called from atop the stairs where they were at seconds ago. "Lord Thad waits for you in his great hall." One of the knights that worked closely as one of the council, stood in wait as T'ara turned and grabbed the man to come up. "Why is he not bond?"

   T'ara's response was lacking. She walked past the knight, wanting to get back to the villa. The sun was still present, gradually lurking closer to earth.

"You are making a mistake," Jon continued to his fate, arguing all the way there. "The Gods will strike you from this world."

Out of all things he could say; he cast such evil prediction. T'ara snarled, twisting to face him. Her hand clamped around his neck. "You no not what the Gods want of me. You are but one man." They made it to the entrance of the manor and looked up when the double doors opened. She removed her hand from his throat, resentful to be in such a harsh position.

The guards turned and they walked in to follow, walking down the hall until they reached the second door that would lead them inside the great hall.

Lord Thad sat in his large throne shaped chair as if he were a king when he was merely one of many Lords to King Virion. He was at end of the great hall, on a pedestal, the space different from the last time she entered. He enjoyed changing the looks to fit a purpose. There were smaller chairs to both sides of him where more of the people in his council sat. She was sure that he hoped one day to own a castle of his own and have many rooms to do his work and ruling in.

Lord Joro was amongst Lord Thad's council, sitting slouched with a tankard in his hand and ugly glare in his eyes. His mocking grin seemed to be his only source of power now that he knew she was not one to easily defeat anymore. She hated the sight of him. She hoped the Goddess gave her the opportunity to kill him soon. He must not take another breath before the end of winter.